Rewrapped united 1000 delmar limited edition white

Started by Adams Khanh, December 17, 2016, 09:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adams Khanh

So a few months back a good buddy if mines was selling most of his rods because he wanted to get rid of a lot of things so he can go to school and not have rods to go fishing. I bought his limited united composites 1000 delmar in glow white for 200. To be honest the reason why I'm rewrapping the rod was because there was just To much epoxy way more than what was needed on each guide, and white thread isn't easy to wrap with so you can see the small imperfections. But overall my non is my reels fit so I took it apart. Took me 4 days to strip down the entire  thing clean up each alps sic guide cause there was epoxy in most of the inserts. And on the frame of the guides.

Here's how it looked

And now what I've done

Bill B

I like the black on white a lot better than white on white.....Good job.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Adams Khanh

Quote from: TARFU on January 07, 2017, 05:17:32 AM
I like the black on white a lot better than white on white.....Good job.....Bill

Thanks

handi2

I like the way it was.

I also like epoxy around the foot of the guides to keep water out.

Great job! I wish I had the time and patience.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Adams Khanh

Quote from: handi2 on January 08, 2017, 01:18:35 AM
I like the way it was.

I also like epoxy around the foot of the guides to keep water out.

Great job! I wish I had the time and patience.

If you saw it in person you wouldn't have liked it. I haven't finished it yet but the rod still needs epoxy. Plus if I left he rod how it was it would be really top heavy due to the bulges of epoxy he dumped on each guide