PJ & JT...NYE fishing, food and gear

Started by Big Tim, December 26, 2016, 10:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

OK I know Ms. Mari is bringing veggie lasagna  ;D ... I have some leftover yellow tail ...I have potatoes for dinner and/or breakfast...I think there is 10 pounds of bait in the freezer, ectt...

1) when will you guys be there on Friday?

2) what do you want to do for dinner after fishing? Yellow tail or go out? what do you want to do for breakfast JT mainly? are you and Mari staying until the 1st., ect...?

3) do eathier one of you want me to bring any extra gear to try out? like ultra light jigging stuff or ?

4) anything else you want to clarify

theswimmer

Hey Timo,
Merry Merry and all that stuff.
Hope Mom had a great Xmas...
We are voting for  lasagana on Fri.   Mari is requesting fresh salad and  garlic bread to go with the lasagana😎
I have a nice Chianti to go with.
Work is nuts and I won't know until Thursday Eve whenever we will be there on Friday. But by 5-6  pm on Fri for sure.
If it is just the 3 or 4 of us ,
Birthday dinner after fishing can be leftovers and fresh fish😁 The yellow tail sounds good!
If we need anything else we can hit the market.

I am always, as you know up for trying new stuff and I have a few shallow water things we can all try.

I think I am bringing the kayaks so we can all have a go at that as well.
We are both looking forward to this and if you all think of something we need let me know and I will check the cupboard😇

Best JT and Mari
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

pjstevko

Quote from: Big Tim on December 26, 2016, 10:31:15 PM
OK I know Ms. Mari is bringing veggie lasagna  ;D ... I have some leftover yellow tail ...I have potatoes for dinner and/or breakfast...I think there is 10 pounds of bait in the freezer, ectt...

1) when will you guys be there on Friday?

2) what do you want to do for dinner after fishing? Yellow tail or go out? what do you want to do for breakfast JT mainly? are you and Mari staying until the 1st., ect...?

3) do eathier one of you want me to bring any extra gear to try out? like ultra light jigging stuff or ?

4) anything else you want to clarify

Hope you and your family had a great Christmas! I'm super excited for our trip and I answer your questions.....

1) I'm planning on being in the area around lunch time.  I need to get some casting practice in before the big day.... Tim when are you getting there?
2) Let's cook up some fresh lingcod and rockfish.  We can pick up extra supplies from the store if need be
3) I'm good on gear..... What exactly is ultralight jigging gear? You mean like jigging with bass gear  ???
4) I can take care of the salad and garlic bread on Friday night.... What kind of dressing do you guys want?

I'll bring a few stogies too!

Big Tim

PJ sounds good on the salad and garlic bread, I will bring breakfast stuff and some extras. I will leave in the am Friday...Do you have the address? ... I will bring some extra rods an reels so if you see something you want to try we can bring it on the boat or leave it at the house. I am bringing that Phenix Abyss if anyone want to give it a whirl, and hopefully my birthday present will be in by Thursday...Lexa 300 to go on my Tsunami Airwave elite 7' 20-65... I have a couple of Tsunami Trophy rods that are 6'6" 30-80 that have Fathom 15 an Avet MXJ on them that are light as a feather and can snap a 12oz. jig off the bottom easily (lots of fun) that are coming along as well. I have tons of extra jigs, trap rigs and flies.  This will be a hoot.

Tim

Big Tim

Also guys looks like we might get a little wet in the morning Saturday, so dress appropriately. If we have some weather and can't make it to the Cape brad may do some shallows as well? 39 degrees and wet in the dark...BURRR  ;D

Tim

theswimmer

Tim,
We know you been checking the    Surfline.

Swell and wind are not too bad, wind on Saturday is 5-10 , mucho fishable.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

pjstevko

Quote from: Big Tim on December 27, 2016, 12:28:38 AM
Also guys looks like we might get a little wet in the morning Saturday, so dress appropriately. If we have some weather and can't make it to the Cape brad may do some shallows as well? 39 degrees and wet in the dark...BURRR  ;D

Tim
Sounds just like the weather from my NYE trip last year but I'm not worried.. I have gore-tex!

Yeah I have the address....

What about dessert? I can see if my wife is willing to make us a mixed fruit cobbler...or i can pick up a cheesecake?

Looking forward to this fellas!

Big Tim

Quote from: pjstevko on December 27, 2016, 01:28:45 AM
Quote from: Big Tim on December 27, 2016, 12:28:38 AM

Tim
Sounds just like the weather from my NYE trip last year but I'm not worried.. I have gore-tex!

Yeah I have the address....

What about dessert? I can see if my wife is willing to make us a mixed fruit cobbler...or i can pick up a cheesecake?

Looking forward to this fellas!

YES YES YES...cobbler my man  ;D

BT

pjstevko

Cobbler it is then since it's your birthday!

Any fruit you don't like?

Big Tim

theswimmer

Errol Flynn

pjstevko

Quote from: theswimmer on December 27, 2016, 01:49:37 PM
Mmmmm cobbler!

You guys want ice cream or whipped cream to go with it?

Is also good for breakfast ;D

Big Tim

Quote from: pjstevko on December 27, 2016, 03:36:54 PM
Quote from: theswimmer on December 27, 2016, 01:49:37 PM
Mmmmm cobbler!

You guys want ice cream or whipped cream to go with it?

Is also good for breakfast ;D

I was thinking eggs with grated Parmesan cheese and sliced avocado with whole wheat toast for breakfast...But heck cobbler is good too  ;D

BT   

pjstevko

pjstevko

What kind of salad dressing do you guys want?