Wish us luck! Last shot at a big Ling 12-31-2016...We're back & PJ rocks

Started by Big Tim, December 29, 2016, 08:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

pjstevko

Quote from: Porthos on January 03, 2017, 04:58:20 AM

So it was a conventional casting rod? Which series? Was the tip at > 90° when it snapped? Want to know since I have a Tsunami Trophy TSTBS-J 701XH...

Yes it's a conventional version model TSTBC-J601MH 6'0  20-50LB

The rod was not passed 90° when it broke and seeing as this was only the 2nd time using the rod in guessing it was defective or damaged in some way.....

Porthos

Quote from: pjstevko on January 03, 2017, 08:12:23 PM

So it was a conventional casting rod? Which series? Was the tip at > 90° when it snapped? Want to know since I have a Tsunami Trophy TSTBS-J 701XH...

Yes it's a conventional version model TSTBC-J601MH 6'0  20-50LB

The rod was not passed 90° when it broke and seeing as this was only the 2nd time using the rod in guessing it was defective or damaged in some way.....

I'll keep an eye on my heavier spinning version...

RowdyW

I've got a Tsunami TSTBC 701H but it is rated at 30-40# line. Why is a medium heavy rated for heavier line then a rod rated heavy??       Rudy

Porthos

Quote from: RowdyW on January 03, 2017, 10:55:36 PM
I've got a Tsunami TSTBC 701H but it is rated at 30-40# line. Why is a medium heavy rated for heavier line then a rod rated heavy??       Rudy

One answer is that the TSTBC-J-601MH is probably materially layered differently than the TSTBC-701H...the former is designed for jigging action.

Big Tim

I have 5 Tsunami rods, and I would venture to say PJ's failure was a defect & not an operator error. Both my MH and H 6'6" trophy rods have been put through the ringer without fail, my Air Wave Elite rods are a complete different animal as far a components material wrapping, ect. goes and I have had zero failures many of snags and partial high sticks without fail. Don't get me wrong, these are a poor man's Phenix and you get what you pay for...So far for me i'm OK.

BT

Ray Ruiz

Just looked it up on the Morro Bay Virgs landing website. Some guy from New York nailed a 30lb ling  on the last day of the season.

theswimmer

Welcome Ray
Believe it or not a 30 lb Ling is good for 4th place, out of the money......
Best
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

pjstevko

Quote from: RowdyW on January 03, 2017, 10:55:36 PM

Rudy I was told by the Bimini Bay outfitter customer service representative that any model with a "J" in the model name is designed for jigging which may be why the ratings differ between models