Inspired by Maxed Out

Started by Swami805, January 08, 2017, 05:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

I recieved a blue narrow 4/0 kit from Ted on Friday. To do it justice I thought I should build a rod to hang it on. The blank is a cobalt blue Seeker cjbf 100h, 10' should handle 60lb really well. I have a nice set of alps guides to go on it
The wrap is a shadow box over bi-color dragon skin. I'm not sure how I'll bo the guides yet,I'm thinking dragon skin for the underwrap turquoise and over the feet.
I'll post more pictures as I go,hope these pictures come out ok.
Thanks for the great parts and the inspiration Ted
Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Alto Mare

Looking good Sheridan, I'm excited to see the finished product.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

That is so very nice Sheridan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Another masterpiece in the making Sheridan.  I can't wait to see it in person, and I hope that we get out together this year with a shot at some fish that would justify putting that big stick to work.

Randy

Newell Nut

Now that is going to be a lot of cool bling. Shades required for safety. Should be a beauty when done.

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

STRIPER LOU

coastal_dan

Beautiful!  Can't wait to see the finished combo....perfect color match!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

steelhead_killer

Looks like a stained glass window!  Very beautiful color combinations!

Andy
><)))">

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Swami805

Thanks for the kind words. Had some more time at the lathe so I did the dragon skin for 3 guides and put one on to see how it looks. I think I'll just do it for the bottom 3 guides As it's a little bulky for the upper section

steelfish

excellent, too dang beautiful
The Baja Guy

The Great Maudu

Wow Sheridan this is the first time I've seen your work. You're really really good.

Swami805

With all the rain I had some time so I built the reel and finished the rod. Hopefully there will be some blue 4/0 plates in the future but for now pretty happy with the way it turned out. A true 60lb 10' jig rod will  fit in nicely with the quiver of 10 footers I've been putting toghether over the years. Here's a few pictures finished with the reel on it and together with it's brethren
The rods are the new seeker cjb 100h, super seeker ulua greenie, seeker cjb100f white tiger, calstar gf100j, Harrington 724,an old 10' unknown and the don't leave home with out it cal star 540.
Up next a seeker ulua pin head. Thanks for the encouragement, Sheridan