A few Ocean City Cradle Reels

Started by 54bullseye, January 15, 2017, 10:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

54bullseye

Hi John T. here I signed up for Alan's forum a while back mostly as an observer. I am also a member of ORCA and have posted some there but I never new you guys here were into some older reel as well as the new gear !!! I also see a lot of familiar ORCA names talking on this board as well. I enjoy all Big Game reels and rods from the 1930s to the present but the Cradle Reels and rods seem hold my attention better than anything else ! I figured I would show you people some of what I like and maybe I would get some pictures of your cradles in return. Here are some of my Ocean City Cradles some with original Montague rods some with non factory add on rods but I like them all !!  The first picture from left to right.
# 1 an OC 816 - 16/0 cradle with factory original  Montague 725 rod
# 2 an OC 814 - 14/0 cradle with a neat Tycoon Bimini King rod
# 3 an OC 812 - 12/0 cradle with original Montague "Hollow Glass" rod
# 4 an OC 810 - 10/0 cradle with a later Fin-Nor Tycoon fiberglass rod with Mildrum guides I had made.
# 5 an OC 809 - 9/0 cradle with an original Montague rod that was retied.
# 6 an OC 806 - 6/0 cradle with Factory original Montague rod'
# 7 last is an OC 804 4/0 cradle with original box and all paper work this one I need a rod for !

Like I said show me some of your cradles !!    John

STRIPER LOU

Outstanding collection of cradles!!!
....Lou

Vintage Offshore Tackle

What an amazing collection!  I don't have anything to compare to yours John, but here's my favorite.

Randy

54bullseye

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on January 15, 2017, 10:26:51 PM
What an amazing collection!  I don't have anything to compare to yours John, but here's my favorite.

Randy
I have been looking for one of those !!  Nice !  How about an 80 International ??  John

54bullseye

I thought once you posted pictures you could click on them to make them bigger ?  Guess not ?? I would have taken close ups.
John

Maxed Out

Quote from: 54bullseye on January 15, 2017, 10:42:48 PM
I thought once you posted pictures you could click on them to make them bigger ?  Guess not ?? I would have taken close ups.
John

It works for me when I clicked and got enlarged photo of your amazing collection of Ocean City cradle combos.

What I saw when I enlarged was not only a stunning set of cradle rods, :o but also an absolutely jaw dropping collection of what appear to be museum quality reels. A few close ups of those stunning reels would be nice. We rarely get to see the big game Ocean City reels in that condition.

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: 54bullseye on January 15, 2017, 10:38:31 PM

Randy
I have been looking for one of those !!  Nice !  How about an 80 International ??  John

John, I'm sorry to say that I don't have the 80, but if you like the 50, consider it yours.

Randy

handi2

That's a heck of a lot better than money in the bank..!!

Those are amazing rods and reels.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

54bullseye

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on January 15, 2017, 11:14:52 PM
Quote from: 54bullseye on January 15, 2017, 10:38:31 PM

Randy

John, I'm sorry to say that I don't have the 80, but if you like the 50, consider it yours.

Randy
Okay it's mine !   Thanks

54bullseye

Quote from: handi2 on January 15, 2017, 11:19:50 PM
That's a heck of a lot better than money in the bank..!!

Those are amazing rods and reels.
I don't know much about money in the bank ??

Alto Mare

Awesome collection John, thanks for sharing!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

coastal_dan

:o. Stunning, thanks for sharing...that is just awesome.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Penn Chronology

No fair John, now that I have seen yours, I am going to burn mine! :o :o :o :o

54bullseye

Quote from: Penn Chronology on January 16, 2017, 02:54:36 AM
No fair John, now that I have seen yours, I am going to burn mine! :o :o :o :o
I have seen yours Mike don't burn them send them to me !! Nothing wrong with you cradles !! I would love to buy the gold Nep-Tuna you have or had that would a fit an 80 International !!  You still got it ?   John

Swami805

Beautiful collection,thanks for posting it. Randy,is that the neptuna with the truline octagon? I couldn't tell from the picture. Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are