Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Really nice fish Bennie, can you tell us what gear you were using, trout line, fly and so on, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Gobi King

dang, bigger than some of the coho we get here in MI
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Hardy Boy

Nice fish Benni ! Nice chatting the other day. Those fish are stocked correct ? ...... are the big ones brood stock that get released or ones that survived for a while? I see the tail is worn which usually indicates brood stock fish. There is a lake in Vancouver that only kids and seniors can fish and they stock it with brood fish sometimes ............ funny to see a kid going home on a bike with a 5 lb trout from an urban pond.

That black berry recipe looks good !

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Benni3

I got 1 and marlo got 5 trout at the river,,,,,, :D we both got skunked at the cove before ,,,,, ;) but that's ok,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Donnyboat on May 04, 2020, 03:33:14 PM
Really nice fish Bennie, can you tell us what gear you were using, trout line, fly and so on, cheers Don.
This was not on the fly,,,, ;) but that would have been fantastic because that was the second biggest trout I have gotten,,,,, :) I was using a pfueger patriarch xt 2500 with a tfo searunner 905-2=7wt together weight 14oz with 8lb sun line same dia as6lb #4 circle with a gulp black helgermite,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Hardy Boy on May 04, 2020, 08:20:25 PM
Nice fish Benni ! Nice chatting the other day. Those fish are stocked correct ? ...... are the big ones brood stock that get released or ones that survived for a while? I see the tail is worn which usually indicates brood stock fish. There is a lake in Vancouver that only kids and seniors can fish and they stock it with brood fish sometimes ............ funny to see a kid going home on a bike with a 5 lb trout from an urban pond.

That black berry recipe looks good !

Cheers:

Todd
Yes they are stocked trout and 99% can't make it in summer temperatures,,,,, :) but the trout unlimited guys keep trying to prove different why I don't know,,,,, ;) it was very nice chatting with you my friend and one day I would like to go fishing with you,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

And thanks very my friends for you support,,,,,,, ;D

Rivverrat

Benni, this catfish is a channel.
Juvenile White Cats dont have spots & their tale isnt that deeply forked. There are not enough anal rays for it to be a juvenile blue.

Never use color as the sole means for identifying catfish... Jeff

Benni3

I got 5 trout 1 big one,,,,, :D today was a good day,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Benni, this catfish is a channel.
Juvenile White Cats dont have spots & their tale isnt that deeply forked. There are not enough anal rays for it to be a juvenile blue.

Never use color as the sole means for identifying catfish... Jeff
[/quote]
Thanks my friend,,,,, ;) what kind is this with no spots is it just a channel,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 6 and marlo 22,,,,, :D they stocked yesterday clay cane down and got a couple but some nice fishermen gave hem some big ones to make dinner,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Today was a good day,,,,,, >:(

mo65

Good fishin' Benni! That olive colored Channel you caught is a female...and the males are blue/grey. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Newell Nut

Fishing is a good time no matter where you are. Keep up the good stress free life.

Dwight

Donnyboat

Hi Benni, thanks for the heads up on the gear you were using for that large fish you caught, keep well, stay safe, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat