Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Marlo wanted to do some pictures to post on Facebook,,,,,,  ;) it's been raining since Jun 3th and two more days of hard rain we got instore,,,,, :'( but that's ok,,,,, :) the big topic for me and my friends is where do the trout go,,,, ??? I think some walk military style down stream,,,,dewayne knows some go up and marlo and Larry think they just hunker down and stay in the same place,,,,,,, ;D

Dominick

They find shelter.  They don't like to get wet.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

oc1

That would be a good tagging project.   Tell the mullet sheriffs you'll take care of it if they supply the stuff.  You should be working for them anyway.
-steve

Sharkb8

That's why I fish under the bridge they don't like  getting wet like Dominick said

Kim

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on June 18, 2020, 06:11:00 AM
That would be a good tagging project.   Tell the mullet sheriffs you'll take care of it if they supply the stuff.  You should be working for them anyway.
-steve

Believe it or not,,,,,, ??? A striper guide got a kit and started tagging stripers,,,,,, ;) so the "Virginia department of game" made it illegal to tag fish for your own personal use???????hehe,,,,, :D but the game department has been clipping the front fins on the brooks to see if they live past summer,,,, :-[ but that's another debate the trout unlimited say they do,,,,but with water temperatures hitting 80 I don't think so,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Dominick on June 18, 2020, 02:14:46 AM
They find shelter.  They don't like to get wet.  Dominick
Quote from: Sharkb8 on June 18, 2020, 07:20:40 AM
That's why I fish under the bridge they don't like  getting wet like Dominick said

Kim

Yes,,,,,,we love to fish the bridges,,,,,, :D they like the shade in the daytime and at night they get under the street lights,,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Does anybody else she something wrong in the picture above and yes it flooded last night past where I was standing,,,,,, ??? >:(,,,,,,,,,, :D

Swami805

They tied up the john so it won't float away, hope they're isn't anybody in there, haha
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Benni3

Quote from: Swami805 on June 19, 2020, 03:17:58 AM
They tied up the john so it won't float away, hope they're isn't anybody in there, haha
That's what I first thought and then the mess inside and all that mystery blue stuff getting in to the river,,,, ??? Hehe,,,,,,,and thanks again for the rings they look great off to get powder coated now,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Me and marlo checked the river out,,,,, :( maybe in 3 or for days,,,,,, ;) the mosquitoes here love this rain,,,,, :P but my touch making skills have gotten better with a little bit of lamp oil,,tiki bitefighter fuel,,,repel candle wax,,,used motor oil,,,gasoline and cam2 racing fuel,,,,,, :o but it works,,,,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

Is bitefighter the same as the citronella tiki torch fuel?  If so, then your mosquitos are whimps.  :)
-steve

Dominick

On the other hand Hawaiian mosquitoes attack and bite like pit bulls.  You can't scare them off. The only thing worse are the no-see-ums.   Well maybe the Assassin Bug.   Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Gfish

My guess'ed be that trout "shelter in place" where the main water flow is obstructed from rocks or whatever, with their heads close to faster current where dislodged bugs might be swept past. Maybe drift fishing a steelhead-like rig(weight that bounces along the bottom with the bait trailing out bout 18" behind it) would work?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on June 20, 2020, 06:34:37 AM
Is bitefighter the same as the citronella tiki torch fuel?  If so, then your mosquitos are whimps.  :)
-steve

Yes tiki not much I think the bug candle wax is better,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 5 trout,,,my dad 1 chub and marlo 5 trout,,,,,,,, ;D