Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Quote from: akfish on November 06, 2020, 06:58:14 PM
Why wouldn't they let you fish for the AJ's? Concern that you'd be taken around the boat and tangle everyone?
It was a trigger fishing boat,,,,,, :-\ and there was only 15 people on there,,,,,, :D but they put everybody on on side and held it in place with the motor,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 1 today and dewayne got skunked,,,,,I dont know if it was all the coal in the river but they would hit it and let go,,,,,I did get alot more bites,,,,, ;) it could of been the scent,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

Too bad everyone got rid of their old coal stoves.  The were actually more efficient than wood or chips, propane, kerosene, oil.

Since you're the experimenter, did you ever try Mike's scents?
-s

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on November 07, 2020, 03:19:19 AM
Too bad everyone got rid of their old coal stoves.  The were actually more efficient than wood or chips, propane, kerosene, oil.

Since you're the experimenter, did you ever try Mike's scents?
-s
No sir,,,,,, ;) but I have used there salmon eggs,,,,,but fireball salmon eggs are better and I just tried zeke's trout bait garlic rainbow it ok,,,, :) now got to try there cheese because eagle claw used to sell it and it worked good,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 1 rainbow today,,,, ;) the fish are still in their just not that hungry,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 2 small rainbows today,,,, ;) but it's nice to get out,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 2 more today,,, ;) time change got me,,,,, :D but that's ok,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

River is flooded,,,,,,, :o but that's ok,,,,it lets the trout move around a little bit,,,,,,,,,,,, ;D

thorhammer

hey, you keep that extra water up there to yourself, buddy :)

I won't be surprised if we go up 6-8 feet. I-95 is closed east of us, which means the Eastern part of the state is full up, and nowhere to let Roanoke basin water flow to...I bet it gets up close to US264 down there.

Benni3

Quote from: thorhammer on November 13, 2020, 05:55:55 PM
hey, you keep that extra water up there to yourself, buddy :)

I won't be surprised if we go up 6-8 feet. I-95 is closed east of us, which means the Eastern part of the state is full up, and nowhere to let Roanoke basin water flow to...I bet it gets up close to US264 down there.
You're why I posted this,,,,,,,  :o the water level dropped hard today,,,,, :D so I dropped 2gallon cans of corn in two different spots,,,,, :-\ just to keep the trout in ,,,,, :) marlo dosen't think chumming works,,,, ;) but that's ok,,,,,,,, ;D

thorhammer

12 yo rule bro lol

Benni3

Quote from: thorhammer on November 14, 2020, 01:45:18 AM
12 yo rule bro lol
hehe,,,,might be doing the 24hr trip out of morehead with stacy 5 or prince if you want to go,,,,,, ;D

Donnyboat

Hi Bennie, thanks for the pics, I love your attitude, but thats okay, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Benni3

Quote from: Donnyboat on November 14, 2020, 08:05:20 AM
Hi Bennie, thanks for the pics, I love your attitude, but thats okay, cheers Don.
Thanks my friend,,,,, ;)  I watch daily affirmation with stuart smalley,,,,,, :D he is a member of 5,,,,, :) 12step programs but not a licensed therapist,,,,, :-[ he said allways stay positive,,,,,,,,, ;D

thorhammer

up six feet and rising steady- possibly crest at 12 ft high vs. where it was Wed. There goes all my nice ground cover again down to Roanoke Rapids.