Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oc1

That was quick... and funny.
-s

Benni3

Me and marlo skunked today,,,, :) I think it might be the road salt slowing things down,,,,,,,,,, ;D

SteveL

What types of lures do you use?

Benni3

Quote from: SteveL on January 11, 2021, 02:32:12 AM
I haven't thrown a lure in a while it's that difficult to catch a fish,,,,,, :o but I use a number 2 blue fox with a mister twister tail or for the big one's a rapala jsro5 or 7,,,, :) but marlo uses gulp minnows,,,,, ;)  Larry a gold number 2 joes fly spinner,,,,,,,, ;D

SteveL

Quote from: Benni3 on January 11, 2021, 05:01:53 AM
I haven't thrown a lure in a while it's that difficult to catch a fish,,,,,, :o but I use a number 2 blue fox with a mister twister tail or for the big one's a rapala jsro5 or 7,,,, :) but marlo uses gulp minnows,,,,, ;)  Larry a gold number 2 joes fly spinner,,,,,,,, ;D

Do you ever try float and fly or float and worm (small float or strike indicator with 3" or 4" trout or steelhead worm either on a hook or small jighead)?   Popeye jigs and marabou jigs can be fished similarly under a small float. 

I would think trout magnets or crappie magnets would do well on the river.  Trout magnets are small so casting them alone you need a splitshot, or put them under a small float.  Troutmagnet.com has videos showing how to rig them and recommenced line sizes. 

Float N Fly For Big Winter Bass:

Benni3

Quote from: SteveL on January 11, 2021, 01:47:14 PM
Quote from: Benni3 on January 11, 2021, 05:01:53 AM

Do you ever try float and fly or float and worm (small float or strike indicator with 3" or 4" trout or steelhead worm either on a hook or small jighead)?   Popeye jigs and marabou jigs can be fished similarly under a small float. 

I would think trout magnets or crappie magnets would do well on the river.  Trout magnets are small so casting them alone you need a splitshot, or put them under a small float.  Troutmagnet.com has videos showing how to rig them and recommenced line sizes. 

Float N Fly For Big Winter Bass:

Ya I fly fish to,,,,,, :D I have experienced with different techniques,,,,,today I went back to pautzke salmon eggs,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 4 today,,,, :D this one had fantastic color,,,,,,, ;D

thorhammer

Benni3

Benni3

I got skunked today but that's ok,,,,, ;) got shelby gt spin'n glows in put a fly on it just to try it and looks good,,,,,,, :D got a email from the DWR and my yellow perch citation was excepted,,,, :) that makes 11 different species and this tread just hit 300,000,,,,, :o thanks my friend for your support,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ;D

Brewcrafter

Looking forward to the first fish on the new lure! - john

Dominick

Hey Benni, did you weigh the tree you caught?  It looks like a record.   :D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

thorhammer

citation river birch i think

Benni3

Quote from: Dominick on January 13, 2021, 06:30:11 PM
Hey Benni, did you weigh the tree you caught?  It looks like a record.   :D  Dominick
Yes sir,,,,, :D but that tree wasn't in season,,,, ;) so I just turned it lose,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got skunked marlo got 1 barley,,,, :) still we had good time talking about the how everything is crazy now,,,, :-[ but that's ok,,,,,,,,, ;D