Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabaman1 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Crow

Hah !  I have a system....I either "trade" , for something I don't have (pretty well quit that, as I have too many, now) donate to "iris club " sales, or just give them away (mostly, folks spring for the postage costs, but, not always). I "collect" mostly, older varieties ("Historics", most call them), and "rebloomers" (those are ones that bloom in the spring, then again in late summer, or fall). We have a little over 5000 square feet of iris beds, and maintain "Display" gardens for both the Historic Iris Preservation Society, and the Median iris Society, plus our other flower beds, veggie gardens, berry patches, and fruit trees......and we need to cut WAY back !!  I did have almost 1000 different varieties of iris, and I'm "down" to about 760, now.....We are getting "too old", and "too lazy" to keep going like we have been!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

oc1

Man, that's a serious hobby and addiction you have going on there Arlyn.  We kept a few bearded when we lived in the Southeast but they do not do well here.  The swamp iris seem to do OK though.

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on July 09, 2021, 09:14:29 AM
Man, that's a serious hobby and addiction you have going on there Arlyn.  We kept a few bearded when we lived in the Southeast but they do not do well here.  The swamp iris seem to do OK though.
The deer here likes my mom's iris's,,,,, ;)

Benni3

Hit the lake with wes he got 1 and i got skunked,,,,,, :D  hit the cove with marlo he got 1,,,,,,, ;) and i got two,,,but never trust a eagle claw swivel ,,,,,,,,,, ;D

MarkT

Benni, those look like stripers, only smaller!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Benni3

Quote from: MarkT on July 10, 2021, 03:16:13 AM
Benni, those look like stripers, only smaller!
The one at the lake is,,,,,,, ;) at the cove,,,with the new stockings of stripers it getting difficult to tell the difference,,,,,,,, ;D

Brewcrafter

I was always told (not sure if it is correct, you cannot believe fishermen  :D) that if there are are a number of breaks or gaps on the "stripes", that it is a hybrid.  Where I get confused is White Bass in SW Missouri look just like that, but there they were always called "White Bass".  Then I believe hybrids in some parts of the country are called "Wipers" (White Bass+Stripers).  Anyhow as per usual Benni was "on the fish" and great to see Marlo out hitting them again! - john

Benni3

Quote from: Brewcrafter on July 10, 2021, 04:50:52 AM
I was always told (not sure if it is correct, you cannot believe fishermen  :D) that if there are are a number of breaks or gaps on the "stripes", that it is a hybrid.  Where I get confused is White Bass in SW Missouri look just like that, but there they were always called "White Bass".  Then I believe hybrids in some parts of the country are called "Wipers" (White Bass+Stripers).  Anyhow as per usual Benni was "on the fish" and great to see Marlo out hitting them again! - john
The cove has white cats,,,,, :( but can't tell them from channels and i know i have had trophy size fish,,,,, ;) sometimes it's so hard to tell the difference and i did catch a white goldfish that was 4lbor5lb,,,,? Look at the new Virginia state record,,,,,,?

Benni3

I got 1 hybrid and marlo got 1 and 1 cat,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 2 hybrids today,,,,, :D and there's always amateur photographers at the cove doing photo shots,,,,,, ;) but they always say there professionals,,,,,,,, :-\,,,,hehe,,,,,,, ;D

newport

Nice catch! Hybrids are on my bucket list. I hear, pound for pound, those footballs pull harder than stripers.

Benni3

Quote from: newport on July 13, 2021, 02:53:52 AM
Nice catch! Hybrids are on my bucket list. I hear, pound for pound, those footballs pull harder than stripers.
Yes,,,,, ;) Brooks and hybrids are the hardest fighting fish pound 4 pound in freshwater i think,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

And today marlo got the director excellence award for outstanding work and attendance and cash money came with it,,,,,,,, ;) i told him cash money never gets played out or fades out,,,,,, :o it's allways good great job my friend,,,,,,,, ;D

Brewcrafter

Whoa Ho!  Now that$$$ $ome fishing! - john

oc1

Marlo sounds like a good dude.