Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Benni3

Ya he was glad

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on May 15, 2018, 07:59:55 AM
Those are all nice ones Benny.  Three years old maybe?  You sure have the spots.
-steve
thanks  :D,,,,I'm not sure these fish are more round like footballs,,,thay did stock stripers here year's ago and there's some still in here I seen a big one break last year  ;D
Quote from: Alto Mare on May 15, 2018, 10:17:11 AM
You go Benni...keep making memories ;).

Sal
thanks uncle sal,,,,,I got to ride the good luck out as long as I can ;D
Quote from: Rivverrat on May 15, 2018, 01:19:30 PM
Only fish I know of that may have the same level of fight as a wiper around here would be a Missourri River Carp.

River carp river fish in general are much noticeably better scrapped than the same caught from a Lake.

I love catching Wipers. They are very aggressive fish... Jeff

yes this carp almost spooled me ;D

Benni3

hard rain showers on and off today late start,,,,,but got 1 more on the 1/0 thanks uncle sal ;D

Benni3

No fishing today,,,, cooking a little hybrid and happily waiting for the 20/0 kit to come in ;D

oc1

Do you eat the carp too Benny?  I took one about that size home for dinner once.  It came out of a brackish water impoundment.  The first meal was disgusting and taste like mud.  Then we tried marinating it and then blackening it.  Taste like spicy mud.  I hear they taste fine from some areas.
-steve

Rivverrat

Steve, there not a bad fish to eat if caught from goid water.

I've found your assumption to be correct in a lot of cases.

Shark Hunter

Love that Shot Benni!
Your Girlfriend is going to kick your butt!!! :D
Life is Good!

steelfish

Quote from: Shark Hunter on May 18, 2018, 07:38:37 PM
Love that Shot Benni!

this guy is fearless !!

but soon, he's going to be toothless

The Baja Guy

Benni3

Got 1 today Marlo got 2,,,we do so much better with the gamakatsu hooks and today all we had was eagle claw,,,when you cut the hook off,,does it really rust out quickly  :-[

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on May 18, 2018, 07:17:12 AM
Do you eat the carp too Benny?  I took one about that size home for dinner once.  It came out of a brackish water impoundment.  The first meal was disgusting and taste like mud.  Then we tried marinating it and then blackening it.  Taste like spicy mud.  I hear they taste fine from some areas.
-steve
the only reason why I cooked this hybrid is he didn't make it :o but it was great,,,,never had carp but I herd that you cut the mud vein out and cook it in butter :D
Quote from: Shark Hunter on May 18, 2018, 07:38:37 PM
Love that Shot Benni!
ya I love beth been with her 17years,,,,she the best ;D

Shark Hunter

As long as you are Happy Bro.
Nothing else matters. ;)
Life is Good!

Rivverrat

Quote from: Benni3 on May 19, 2018, 02:34:02 AM
... all we had was eagle claw,,,when you cut the hook off,,does it really rust out quickly  :-[

Yes, it does there have been studies done on this... Jeff

Benni3

Got 1 and a1/4 and Marlo got a nice 1 then boozer came by to watch us fish that was nice of him ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Rivverrat on May 19, 2018, 11:10:29 PM
Quote from: Benni3 on May 19, 2018, 02:34:02 AM
... all we had was eagle claw,,,when you cut the hook off,,does it really rust out quickly  :-[

Yes, it does there have been studies done on this... Jeff
thanks man,,,,didn't know if it was just a myth of folklore,,,but we got the best members here to answer any question   ;D