Penn 14/0 Jack, Eccentric Jack & Yoke - Stainless Steel?

Started by wsenti, February 10, 2017, 06:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsenti

I am beginning to assemble all my stainless replacement parts for a 14/0 recently purchased (of which I will tear apart, service, and reassemble).

I recently purchased most stainless parts, I even acquired a stainless steel bridge.

I was curious if anyone has made or knows of anyone with a stainless steel Jack/Eccentric Jack and Yoke?

I am also looking for a stainless steel gear sleeve and anyone with any stainless steel main gears around (I know they come with some older models).

handi2

From my limited knowledge Penn didn't use any SS parts in these reels.

The bridge is chromed steel. The gears are chromed steel.

I haven't seen any SS jacks or yokes.

The SS gear sleeve is available here on this forum.

You can get SS gears for the 12/0.

Someone will correct me soon.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Tightlines667

Some older models had steel main gears (not SS), there are some chromed bronze bridges (not SS, Be careful on fit since the lip pushes the msin cliser to pinion, and they do not fit all years/versions).  SS gear sleeves were available for the electric reels, and through Adam (MofiveFab) with more teeth.  SS dogs are also available here.  There were never SS yokes, jacks or eccentrics made, and no SS stands.  There are SS arms available.  SS gears are offered at Scott's.  Don't forget the aluminum drag inserts and delron washers for upgrades here.

This is off the top of my head though, so Daron or soneone may correct me here.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

RowdyW

Shark Hunter

As far as stock ss parts on a 14/0. There Is no such thing. You may come across a pinion.
All the parts that are shiny are either chromed Steel, Bronze and Brass.
Scotts did have some Stainless Main Gears for a while, but they are long gone.
That Bridge you have is Chromed brass. It is a nice upgrade. I use them when I have them.
No ss yokes, eccentrics or Jacks are available.
Here is one refurb I did. The only stainless parts that I know of went into this reel. Gears and sleeve and a ss handle arm. I added ss posts later.
The insert kit really sets it off.
All other parts are chromed brass.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=15038.0
Life is Good!