Shimano Trinidad A model 20

Started by rodent, April 28, 2011, 05:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Working on the splice photos and my camera is not focusing on the spectra.  Maybe too small for the camera to sense.  Will try another camera later this week.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

rodent

thanks bryan, i have order some black water and looking to find the hollow needles, this is something i am going to try, thanks.

Ron E.

FYI on the old Trinidad reels the 12-14 reels had 6 spool brakes and the 16 and up had 4 spool brakes, Guess how many the New A Trinidad reels have    ZERO spool brakes !!!!! Shimano has lighted up the spool on the new A Trindad's and they say that the reel does not need any spool brakes. The only way to control casts is with the cast control knob.

Has anyone tried taking the spool brakes off the older model Trinidads?

CapeFish

Quote from: Ron E. on May 02, 2011, 03:40:09 PM
FYI on the old Trinidad reels the 12-14 reels had 6 spool brakes and the 16 and up had 4 spool brakes, Guess how many the New A Trinidad reels have    ZERO spool brakes !!!!! Shimano has lighted up the spool on the new A Trindad's and they say that the reel does not need any spool brakes. The only way to control casts is with the cast control knob.

Has anyone tried taking the spool brakes off the older model Trinidads?

Yes it is common practice here, the good casters take them off, which then makes it the same as a torium which is in itself a pretty decent casting reel

Ron E.

i think i will try that on one of my 20's.

thanks for your help.

Simon Anderson

T20A and T30A i have found to be fantastic reels.
Adjust the Cast control cap so that there is no side play on your spool and you may cast a fair distance. As we treat our tools roughly here in South Africa, those that fish with these newer Trinidad's aren't turning back.

My question to you guys, any info here on the Trinidad DC30 (cast control) I cannot seem to find anything.

???

help appreciated.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

REK

Quote from: Simon Anderson on June 24, 2012, 08:28:49 PM
T20A and T30A i have found to be fantastic reels.
Adjust the Cast control cap so that there is no side play on your spool and you may cast a fair distance. As we treat our tools roughly here in South Africa, those that fish with these newer Trinidad's aren't turning back.

My question to you guys, any info here on the Trinidad DC30 (cast control) I cannot seem to find anything.

???

help appreciated.
http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/products/reels/conventional/Trinidad_DC.html
There are a couple of links you can click on under "DC Technology"

Also, on the older gold Trinidads...besides unscrewing the casting brake mechanisms, you can also file down the nylon gear on the left side of the spool to disengage the variable clicker for better freespool.

Simon Anderson

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

Simon Anderson

Coming back to the original post ~ herewith an upgraded 30A with mag brake fitted.

Casts like a dream no overwinds or ballooning of line at any time.