yet another rewrapping job for a friend

Started by steelfish, March 15, 2017, 05:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

well, this is getting outta control... I better should stop rewrapping rods now that is still time, my actual fishing time its been reduced by reel repairs already and now even more with rod repairing for friends and mouth to mouth recomendations, good thing is that I still enjoying it a lot and really like the comments from the guys when they see the "new" rod rebuilded.

this time a friend wanted this rod wrapped with his favorite football team, as always there go some before and after pics
I bet you will know which team was the rod theme pretty fast

this rod was more challenging than previous rebuilds, it was my 1st time doing those white stripes with the thin black lines, they came up pretty decent, nothing compared to what the pro builders do, but they look really cool.

The Baja Guy

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Newell Nut

My good friend you are doing great man. Well on your way and it will most surely get in the way of fishing when people like your work.
Dwight

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

FatTuna

Damn man, you do some nice work. One of these days I'm going to have to learn how to do rods.

reel man

Good blank to work with, and you've improved the looks and the guides, so now the owner can walk proud.  Nice clean work!

steelfish

thanks guys for your kind comments, hopefully next rod will look better or at least as good as this one.

Quote from: reel man on March 16, 2017, 06:36:36 AM
Good blank to work with, and you've improved the looks and the guides, so now the owner can walk proud.  Nice clean work!

thanks amigo, do you know something about this blank, my friend had the rod since 8-10 years ago, he just know that it was "expensive" at that time but he dont remember the actual manufacturer of the rod.
before making the rebuild and since the rod got a nice hit on the floor on which it lost all those rings, I tested the blank so check if if got damaged in a way before expending some money on it, I bounced a 18# dumbbell, it passes the test really good, so.. you just saw the ending job when I got the green light

The Baja Guy

STRIPER LOU

Excellent job! The colors are perfect.

...............Lou

thorhammer

swill88

Wow Alex!  Were you sandbagging us when you told us you were a beginner? :D :D :D

Seriously, inspirational!

Your comment about all the time spent wrapping scares me a little. 

Thanks for sharing.

Steve

steelfish

Quote from: swill88 on March 16, 2017, 07:28:54 PM

Wow Alex!  Were you sandbagging us when you told us you were a beginner? :D :D :D
its all fault of AT.com guys, really lot of talented guys that are willing to share their knowleage, this should be my 5th rebuild so far, but got a lot of tips from the pros that its hard to make a mistake and if I make it I just call it "experience" and keep going  ;D ;D

Quote from: swill88 on March 16, 2017, 07:28:54 PM
Your comment about all the time spent wrapping scares me a little. 

haha, well its not that bad, the reality is that I dont go fishing as often as I wish to, but I really enjoy this stuff of reel repair and rod building since is part of the same hobby, so, as long as I have a reel or rod on my hands Im happy it doesnt matter if Im being fixing them, and of course Im 3x happier if I have a reel and rod on my hand and ...fishing

The Baja Guy

Bill B

Wow Alex....great job....bet your client list is as log as you shirt sleeve with this kind of work...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

thorhammer

Quote from: steelfish on March 15, 2017, 05:00:52 PM
well, this is getting outta control... I better should stop rewrapping rods now that is still time, my actual fishing time its been reduced by reel repairs already and now even more with rod repairing for friends and mouth to mouth recomendations, good thing is that I still enjoying it a lot and really like the comments from the guys when they see the "new" rod rebuilded.

I told you this would happen...

this time a friend wanted this rod wrapped with his favorite football team, as always there go some before and after pics
I bet you will know which team was the rod theme pretty fast

this rod was more challenging than previous rebuilds, it was my 1st time doing those white stripes with the thin black lines, they came up pretty decent, nothing compared to what the pro builders do, but they look really cool.

steelfish

Quote from: thorhammer on March 17, 2017, 02:47:43 AM
Quote from: steelfish on March 15, 2017, 05:00:52 PM
well, this is getting outta control... I better should stop rewrapping rods now that is still time, my actual fishing time its been reduced by reel repairs already and now even more with rod repairing for friends

I told you this would happen...

yep, you and 4 more guys.. but I wanted to check that out by myself  :-\ :-\ ;D ;D ;D
The Baja Guy

Keta

Nice work. 

We need to start a Go Fund Me to get you a real rod wrapper Alex.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain