yet another rewrapping job for a friend

Started by steelfish, March 15, 2017, 05:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Quote from: Keta on March 17, 2017, 05:20:38 PM
Nice work.  

We need to start a Go Fund Me to get you a real rod wrapper Alex.

hahaha, well it was fun for the 1st 3 rods, but I really need to start saving to get me a power wrapper, my left forearm is starting to look like Popeye the sailor forearm by manually spinning the rod for the decorative trim, underwrap and overwrap, its a nice workout, tho.  

....I only have 5 more rods to go...at this moment  ;D

The Baja Guy

Dominick

Alex you have come a long way with your rod building.  Terrific stuff.  I've never done it. Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

steelfish

thanks Dominick, its really not that hard to do, specially if you have help for the pros on this place.

still looking forward to make my 1st a full build from scratch, with a rainshadow black and ALPS or Fuji accesories, too bad my funds for that project got kicked for lots more months or maybe next year when I was offered to buy two factory phenix rods at terrific prices.
but those factory rods wont be factory made for too long, I have plans to make them acid wrapped as soon as the season stops in summer time (nobody can fish with 120*f temps at 11am / noon)
The Baja Guy

mo65

Wow...that's amazing work! That rod looks great!
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

steelfish

well, my friend like that much the rod that he wanted a second one with the same colors and everything, a twin rod, but this time it was a quatum graphite rod, with 9 guides, he use this rod to cast spoons and irons to YT.

I really like how it ended up the best part is he liked it even better than the 2st one, the smaller guides gave it a smooth look to this one.

check it out, I wont post the previous pictures of the stock rod, just the ones once rebuild it

The Baja Guy

Shark Hunter

I missed this the first go around.
Great work Alex.
I think you could make some money at this.
That looks better than any rod I own. ;)
Life is Good!

steelfish

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 07, 2017, 03:42:15 AM

thanks a lot Daron, but I have seen some of the rods you own some of them are really nice, but I appreciate your comment.

by the way, eventho I am far way from being a pro rod builder, I actually charging a small fee for the rod jobs and repairs, and my friends are happy to pay it, of course Im not charging like a pro but its good to cover the materials and additional small fee enough to save it and get me more rod/reels accesories and parts for my personal arsenal, and thats good enough for me.

The Baja Guy

Alto Mare

Quote from: steelfish on July 07, 2017, 07:17:53 PM

thanks a lot Daron, but I have seen some of the rods you own some of them are really nice, but I appreciate your comment.

by the way, eventho I am far way from being a pro rod builder, I actually charging a small fee for the rod jobs and repairs, and my friends are happy to pay it, of course Im not charging like a pro but its good to cover the materials and additional small fee enough to save it and get me more rod/reels accesories and parts for my personal arsenal, and thats good enough for me.

My wife and my accountant tell me the same all the times. they tell me I charge for 1 year experience and not 40 :-\.
Good job compadre, its ok to make someone happy every once in a while, but you need to charge what's fair.
Keep up your great work.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

You are doing well Alex. Very nice work.

thorhammer

I missed this the first go around.
Great work Alex.
I think you could make some money at this.
[/quot

Temporarily 🤛🏻

Midway Tommy

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would make a comment on that poster but it wouldn't be fit for twelve year olds.   ;D

NICE ROD RESTORATION!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

steelfish

Quote from: reel man on March 16, 2017, 06:36:36 AM
Good blank to work with,...

I know Jerry dont visit the site as often as he used to but this question is for anyone.

does anyone knows that brand of the rod I rebuilded few years ago, the only mark and name that has it "PREMIER"  OTS-865XHC
I googled it but couldnt found any info for that specific rod and recently just notice the comment of Jerry that it was a good blank to work with.

The Baja Guy

Benni3

Great job and great color combinations,,,,, ;D

CapeFish

Quote from: steelfish on March 15, 2017, 05:00:52 PM
well, this is getting outta control... I better should stop rewrapping rods now that is still time, my actual fishing time its been reduced by reel repairs already and now even more with rod repairing for friends and mouth to mouth recomendations, good thing is that I still enjoying it a lot and really like the comments from the guys when they see the "new" rod rebuilded.

this time a friend wanted this rod wrapped with his favorite football team, as always there go some before and after pics
I bet you will know which team was the rod theme pretty fast

this rod was more challenging than previous rebuilds, it was my 1st time doing those white stripes with the thin black lines, they came up pretty decent, nothing compared to what the pro builders do, but they look really cool.

Excellent, green and gold, the Springbok colours, I like it, our South African national rugby team  ;D

oc1