Pro Gear 255 eccentric

Started by Rancanfish, March 25, 2017, 08:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancanfish

Hey guys,  save my lazy self some research today and tell me if the ProGear 255  eccentric jack is a special part?

Turns out mine is bent up and a little fussy going in and out of gear.  I tried flattening it with a plastic mallet but it still seems stubborn.

It doesn't look like the jigmaster eccentric so I was wondering if I could just swap the components?  The original has the left leg of the jack cut at an angle across the bottom.  

EDIT:  Nevermind, I dug thru my stash and came up with a brass 11-200 and that seemed to work.  I also changed to a steel main gear and pinion from a Penn JM.  So even though I'm a bit disappointed that I had to swap to brass, I now have a steel drive gear set.

Anybody have a 11-200 in chrome or stainless?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Alto Mare

I got a chromed one Ran, I could send it out on me, let me know.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rancanfish

Sorry Sal, already forgot about this little reel.  It seems to be working ok.

Alto Mare

Hey Ran, I was just wondering if the Jack got to you, I sent it a few days before you posted your last comment on here.
Maybe I sent it to the wrong address :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rancanfish

Thanks for that and the note Sal. 

I was in hospital, just got out and home at nine o'clock last night.  I was wiped so my daughter opened it and read it to me.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Rancanfish on April 12, 2017, 07:35:34 PM
Thanks for that and the note Sal. 

I was in hospital, just got out and home at nine o'clock last night.  I was wiped so my daughter opened it and read it to me.
I wasn't sure I had the correct address, I'm glad it got over there. I'm also glad they kicked you out, always a good sign when they do.
By the way, I still have that mag stand you were looking for, say the word and it will be on its way... on me of course, I forgot to put it in the envelope.

Rancanfish

That would be awesome Sal, but I'd be willing to pay for it.

Rancanfish

OHMYGOSH!  Sal, thanks for the seat.  I had no idea you were talking about a brand new one.  Rarer than hen's teeth.

I'll have to pull apart my shelfie 970 and make it even better.

I appreciate it.  I can upgrade my user too.

Alto Mare

Nice Ran, helping two reels in one, I like that. The 970 is one of my favorite.

Enjoy it!

Sal