Vintage Ambassadeur 6500 parts

Started by bassman, May 03, 2011, 02:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassman

Hi All,

I am in the process of restoring a once much loved by since neglected silver Ambassadeur 6500 CT(?) circa 1976.  Just wondered if anyone can recommend a vintage parts supplier?

Any help much appreciated

jon (UK)

Roger

Your saying it's a 76 model, I assuming the spool shaft is fixed to the spool....... The only schematics I've found are the ulta cast models and that spool shaft slides out of the spool similar to lever drags.....

By the way do you know have the number on the reelfoot?
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

bassman

Roger,

Thanks for the reply. It is hard to make out but it looks to me like the number is 741002 (?)

alantani

ambassaduer USA has a pretty impressive inventory of old parts.  if you can get some part numbers, go ahead and forward them to me and i can see what they have.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

bassman

Alan, Thanks for the help.  I am looking for a handle (silver) to match the original, now lost. It had a simple pinch handle at one end and counter weight at the other.  Part number (I think) : 8722.

alantani

jon, i just called ambassaduer usa.  they have the handle #8722 in stock. the lady did not know the color, but it's $14 plus shipping.  they will probably not ship directly to the uk.  i would have to order it for you, then ship it to you myself.  let me know if you want to go that route.  alan

bassman

Alan,

Much obliged for your help but have managed to track down the part closer to home.

Thanks again,

alantani