105 C

Started by sharkman, March 28, 2017, 04:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkman

Does anyone have Penn Part #230-105C Silent Dog.

foakes

Thought I had one -- but didn't...

Scott's and Southwestern shows no longer available.

One can be fashioned out of spring material fairly easily -- However, Here is what you need on eBay -- and it looks like $1.78 for two -- plus it will work as designed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-NEW-PENN-PARTS-PN-230-105C-SILENT-DOG-SPRING-NOS-FOR-PENN-105C-105CS-REEL-/320857814333

Good luck!

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

sharkman

Thanks Fred for the reply. My local parts supplier and Scotts didn't have my first thought was unobtainium.

Bryan Young

If you want a smoother reel, replace the bushings with bearings. It will make a world of difference but the bearings are expensive.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

sdlehr

Hehe, looks like all you have to do to make one of these silent dogs is to bend a paper clip! :)

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

sharkman

Thanks for comments.  I tried paperclip but all I had was the larger version and could get it right.  I am going to try smaller paperclip. That shape is actually more difficult to make than it looks.

sharkman

Thanks Fred for the link ordered it and should have it by 4 April