Tanked PG545

Started by Maxed Out, April 10, 2017, 11:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Been putting this off long enough. Time to upgrade my Pro Gear 545. For those who aren't familiar with a 545, it is a duplicate of a Jigmaster 501, but has 113H bridge, gears, and a "punched out" jigmaster yoke and a 113h spool shaft

Here in the pics you'll see 501 compared to the 545. To the left of the reels are what you'd expect to go in a 113H(bottom left yoke, jack & eccentric), and what actually goes into this reel is a jigmaster eccentric and jack, and a jigmaster yoke that has been punched out to accept 113h pinion.

This reel definitely needed some attention.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Maxed Out

Alans DD bridge, sleeve and jack, ...and Bryans custom yoke....4/1 steel gears....HT-100 drags greased with Cals and delrin on top and under. Only thing it's missing is the harness lugs. This little tank could use them !!!

BTW, all the custom internals were direct bolt in with not a single hiccup.

Ted

mo65

Wow...that's a cool reel! I need to read up on Pro Gear, thanks for the peek at yours Ted. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

handi2

Very nice Ted and the perfect size reel.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

MarkT

Capacity wise the 545 is more of a 99, Newell 332, Torium/Trinidad 20, Daiwa 40. Mine has the DD bridge, steel gear stud, Bryans drag stack.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

David Hall

Maxed Out

Quote from: MarkT on April 11, 2017, 12:44:37 AM
Capacity wise the 545 is more of a 99, Newell 332, Torium/Trinidad 20, Daiwa 40. Mine has the DD bridge, steel gear stud, Bryans drag stack.

Mark, is your 545 a different width than mine ??

This 545 has exactly same spool as a 501, but has 113H shaft. The silver spool pictured is 99(noticeably wider than 545), and blue and black are 501. Same size as a 1/0 senator and same size as this 545

MarkT

It's rated at 350yds of 25#. I think I have 300yds of 65# spectra and a topshot of 30#. Width of the 501 looks the same. How about the diameter and depth of spool?

vilters

sweet reel Ted, love those 545's, my favorite pro gear. thanks for posting

MarkT

I'd say the 545 is my 2nd or third favorite Pro Gear. The Albacore Special 280 is my favorite and I really like the 255 too.

Alto Mare

Beautiful capable reel Ted.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Smols

Nice reel, my black pro gear 255 is one of my favorites. I would like to try the derlin washer on the top of the drag stack and under the main gear as I see many are doing. Where do you get the derlin washers for this reel?

Thanks,
Paul

Bryan Young

I believe you can get them from SmoothDrag. Ask for the jigmaster size.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

vilters

so, I have been using the delrin washer under the main gear on my penns/newels/pro gears with good results. for the delrin on top of the stack, is that a different type of washer? to serve as a Bellville? McMaster-carr as a source?