What's Up With The Versa Gear Sets

Started by Rivverrat, June 04, 2017, 01:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

Some are saying some of the 3 different ratios are no longer available. The 4.8:1 are no where to be easily found.

Penn has always been known for parts availability. It's a big reason I've purchased any & all Penn reels I own.

Was just curious about this....Jeff

handi2

Its the 4.8 thats out. I do have a couple if needed.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Tunanorth

Quote from: Rivverrat on June 04, 2017, 01:56:49 AM
Some are saying some of the 3 different ratios are no longer available. The 4.8:1 are no where to be easily found.

Penn has always been known for parts availability. It's a big reason I've purchased any & all Penn reels I own.

Bear in mind that the alternate sets were "accessories", the "stock" gears are still available, and will no doubt be for an extended period after the TRQ's production life ends.
Since very few of the accessory sets were ever sold, chances are any dealers that carried them will still have them in stock.
The 5.4-1 gear sets are available now on the Penn website in the clearance section.
The Service Dept. still has the 4.8-1 gears as separate parts [not sets], so pinion and main must be ordered separately.
Got this listing from Tony a few weeks ago, he may have an update:

The kits are discontinued but we do have some individuals in Parts Dept. Again these parts will not come as a kit with the lube, It will be 1 gear and 1 pinion packaged separately.
1229007 (4.8:1 main gear)
1229341 (4.8:1 pinion)
Parts Customer Service
Monday thru Friday
8:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M. EST
Phone: (800) 892-5444
Fax: (800) 458-0556

Rivverrat

Thanks, Steve. This is good to know....Jeff

Penn

Quote from: Tunanorth on June 04, 2017, 10:06:59 PM
Quote from: Rivverrat on June 04, 2017, 01:56:49 AM

Bear in mind that the alternate sets were "accessories", the "stock" gears are still available, and will no doubt be for an extended period after the TRQ's production life ends.
Since very few of the accessory sets were ever sold, chances are any dealers that carried them will still have them in stock.
The 5.4-1 gear sets are available now on the Penn website in the clearance section.
The Service Dept. still has the 4.8-1 gears as separate parts [not sets], so pinion and main must be ordered separately.
Got this listing from Tony a few weeks ago, he may have an update:

The kits are discontinued but we do have some individuals in Parts Dept. Again these parts will not come as a kit with the lube, It will be 1 gear and 1 pinion packaged separately.
1229007 (4.8:1 main gear)
1229341 (4.8:1 pinion)
Parts Customer Service
Monday thru Friday
8:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M. EST
Phone: (800) 892-5444
Fax: (800) 458-0556

We still have some available, thanks Steve

tony