I Need a Favor

Started by Wally15, June 06, 2017, 12:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wally15

With one week to go, and no firm plans on where we're going, I have no idea what terminal tackle to bring. Both Eric Richardson and I are not bringing any rods and reels. Alan's "loaners" are better than most of my good stuff. And in better shape. If someone would volunteer to bring extra hooks, weights, leader mat'l, etc. for 2 people, we'd happily reimburse you for the expense. I might even offer a small libation for your troubles!
Let me know, don't want 6 people buying stuff for us.
Thanks in advance,
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Bryan Young

I should have more than enough stuff for you two. I'll pack extras as well. I may bring an extra jig stick or two as well. I haven't seen the other loaners yet. Only the 60# stuff.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ldoret94

I don't have tons of stuff but will gladly share what I do have if you need it.

Pete

edtani

Hi Bryan, I didnt fully read your reply.  All, GA Mike and Eric are good.

tommyd

I have lots of weights, hooks, and fair amt of jigs. You're welcome to anything in the box just let me know if you grab the last one. Tommyd

edtani

Libation?  I dont think I want one of those thank you.

swill88

Quote from: edtani on June 06, 2017, 11:38:25 PM

... Me either! thanks for asking

Wally15

Quote from: edtani on June 06, 2017, 11:38:25 PM
Riiiiiight!
That's like asking what does a sadist do to a masochist?

Nothing

GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Mjg378

Finally getting finished with work!   Getting excited as we get closer to taking off on this adventure.
I picked up some terminal gear that I'll pack but basically I'll be traveling light. I Do have a penn fathom 40 2 speed I'm planning to bring in my carry on that I would love to give a shot. Just wanted to see if I could beg borrow a rod to go along with it. 
I too would be happy to offer a potion for your troubles!  ;D
Mike G from Memphis

Bryan Young

Hi Mike,

I got a seeker rod you can borrow. I'll bring it down. I was just looking for a reel for that rod as a loaner. Well,I guess I found that reel for that rod.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Mjg378

Thanks Bryan!   Close enough I'm starting to count down the days!

Bryan Young

Quote from: Mjg378 on June 09, 2017, 07:00:27 AM
Thanks Bryan!   Close enough I'm starting to count down the days!
The seeker is a 6.5 foot rated 30-80#. I'd say it feels closer to 50# class rod but many seekers seem more flexible than others.

MarkT

I have a Seeker 6465H and a G6470H.  Both are rated 30-80# and good 50# rods.  I have a couple of 6460xh all roller rods rated 40-100 that are good for 60# or 80# dropper loop. I also have a 6460xxh with ring guides if someone needs an 80-100# rod.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

R46chevy

I will pick you up a pair on my drive down.
Just tell me which one you want?
I am pretty sure you will be covered, ask me I should have extras of somethings

R46chevy

In all Seriousness I have overlap on my lighter gear, and would share.