*** PHOTOBUCKET Is Now CHARGING For 3rd Party Hosting - $400 / yr ! ! !

Started by ez2cdave, June 29, 2017, 03:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

its really time consuming but its doable, if you put the pointer of the mouse over the blocked picture you will see the link and address of the picture on which appears the name of the picture, then you can search that picture on your computer again and upload it on another webhosting and link it again.
The Baja Guy

Decker

Quote from: steelfish on June 30, 2017, 08:01:50 PM
its really time consuming but its doable, if you put the pointer of the mouse over the blocked picture you will see the link and address of the picture on which appears the name of the picture, then you can search that picture on your computer again and upload it on another webhosting and link it again.

You can also right-click on the photo (or where it is supposed to be) and select "Copy image address."   At that point the web address (URL) of the photo is on your clipboard.  You can paste it in Notepad or in the address bar of a browser, and see the PB account, and the name of the image file.  For example:

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g431/[account name]/07c08bb7-3cb5-4f84-bab9-591e8633ce53.png

mo65

Quote from: Midway Tommy on June 30, 2017, 07:07:02 PM
I think reality is that many of the internet "freebies" we are all accustomed to will slowly, but surely, go by the wayside.

I agree Tommy...but sheesh...from free to $400 a year? That's a big change. Just think if they had made it $30 a year. Most would have just paid up instead of all the trouble of leaving. That would have been thousands of $30s...versus a dozen $400s...almost laughably stupid business! For what it's worth, I just uploaded all my AT hosted pics from photobucket over to flickr, and it took only a few minutes. Flickr must be having some technical difficulties with their pop-ups...I didn't see a single one...;D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Alto Mare

Just moved 1,500 pics and still have a couple of thousand to go ::). Don't ask how I did it, I had to get my daughter to help and since she moves like lightning, she lost me :-[.
I did not open any accounts I have them sitting in a folder until I decide where to place them.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ez2cdave

Quote from: Cadman on June 30, 2017, 11:28:34 AM
So how do you move your photos from Photo bucket to another photo hosting website? Pardon my ignorance. I assume the links will not work when this is done?

Download all of them and re-upload all of them . . . Then, change all of your photo links to match, which could take a very long time

Tight Lines !

ez2cdave

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 30, 2017, 12:27:54 PM
Funny how this went down, seems as bribery to me, unless they were already doomed. If not, they better wake up, they should be paying us.
Its bad for all of us, but what botherts me the most is my Tank.
Almost 120,000 visitors and 36 pages with no pictures ...worthless :(.
We all have the original pics, it will be a lot of work, but should be able to put them back through anothe source, unless Photobucket wakes up. :-\

Sal

Use IMGUR . . .

ez2cdave

I'm surprised that Alan hasn't posted yet . . .

Tight Lines !

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

alantani

Quote from: ez2cdave on July 01, 2017, 02:43:34 AM

Tight Lines !

still dealing with hospital visits on a daily basis, plus they are telling me that i need to increase my caloric intake or they are going to stick a tube into my stomach, through my abdomen!  we have 150 gigs worth of memory/bandwidth here.  not sure how many photos that is, but it's a lot!  we should be able to cover all the fishing photos for everyone. joe/decker is running the numbers and is trying to figure it out.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

RowdyW

More milkshakes! More ice cream!  I hope you feel better soon. We are all here for you.                                        Rudy

Swami805

Man I sure hope you feel better soon Alan.
I don't post many photos and I'm clueless about photo bucket or the other ones. I've been just taking photos with my iphone and and posting them right off that. Is that bad?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

ez2cdave

Quote from: alantani on July 01, 2017, 06:38:55 AM
Quote from: ez2cdave on July 01, 2017, 02:43:34 AM

Tight Lines !

still dealing with hospital visits on a daily basis, plus they are telling me that i need to increase my caloric intake or they are going to stick a tube into my stomach, through my abdomen!  we have 150 gigs worth of memory/bandwidth here.  not sure how many photos that is, but it's a lot!  we should be able to cover all the fishing photos for everyone. joe/decker is running the numbers and is trying to figure it out.

Alan,

I didn't know that you were having health problems . . . Get well soon !

Tight Lines !

Bill B

Just finished downloading my files.....wondering why I havent got the $400 message, but did notice my PB account was only at 5%...maybe they are hitting the larger accounts first....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

mo65

Quote from: TARFU on July 01, 2017, 06:07:03 PM
Wondering why I haven't got the $400 message, but did notice my PB account was only at 5%...maybe they are hitting the larger accounts first.

Same here Bill. I'm only at 15%. I'm sure it's just a matter of time though.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Alto Mare

Pics are back up for the Tank, but I'm not able to replace Lee, Justin, Daron and a couiple more from others.
I did used IMGUR...thanks Dave!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.