*** PHOTOBUCKET Is Now CHARGING For 3rd Party Hosting - $400 / yr ! ! !

Started by ez2cdave, June 29, 2017, 03:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

6 hrs so far downloading from PB and uploading to Imgur.....now the hard part replacing my photos...Does anyone have any ideas of what to do for the long ago posts that we may have forgotten about?   Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

johndtuttle

Could someone please tell me the best way to download in bulk from Photobucket?

Thanks in advance.

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 02, 2017, 06:57:30 PM
Tom, i'm not that sharp with the computer and don't even know if I'm doing this righ, but will share how I do it.
I just got done replacing all the pics on this 14/0 thread: http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=6086.msg50954#msg50954
It takes a really long time to do so, maybe Joe or someone else has an easier way. :-\
I opened an account with IMGUR, first think I did was to go to the thread that needed the pics reinstalled and hit the modify button, this will give you the pic number, without that number it will very hard to find.
I  downloaded those individually to my desktop backgroud from Photobucket.
I went back to Imgur and pressed "add image", I dragged the pic from my desktop the box and copied where it says BBCode.
Came back here and pasted it to replace the previous...lots of time and effort to get it done ::), they got us good.
I have many many more to go :-\

Sal

Thanks for the tips, Sal! Luckily, every photo I have on PB is still organized and filed on my hard drive so I don't have to save or transfer any before they shut them off. I only used PB for photos where a 3rd party host was required to post a photo. I don't intend on ever using any outside storage again so I'm wondering how I can let AT have storage and use of pertinent images yet insert them into the threads just like they were originally setup from the hosting site.   
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Marcq

Weird!! No message from PB, nothing is changed, all my pics are there. My storage is only 8% full, how much is yours?

Marc..

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

sdlehr

Quote from: Marcq on July 03, 2017, 01:45:57 AM
Weird!! No message from PB, nothing is changed, all my pics are there. My storage is only 8% full, how much is yours?

Marc..
Marc, same with me. All my PB pics in posts are fine. For now. I did order some Christmas pics from them, so my account isn't 100% 3rd-party hosting.... I suggested back on page one of this thread that a simple fix for this might just be to order a picture from Photobucket so that your account isn't 100% 3rd party hosting also, but it would appear no one thought that a good enough idea to try or even to discuss it. It won't solve the long-term problem of the impending demise of PB, but it'll delay the pain for awhile and give you a lot more time to move photos and rebuild links.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Marcq

Quote from: sdlehr on July 03, 2017, 02:36:18 AM
Quote from: Marcq on July 03, 2017, 01:45:57 AM

Marc..
Marc, same with me. All my PB pics in posts are fine. For now. I did order some Christmas pics from them, so my account isn't 100% 3rd-party hosting.... I suggested back on page one of this thread that a simple fix for this might just be to order a picture from Photobucket so that your account isn't 100% 3rd party hosting also, but it would appear no one thought that a good enough idea to try or even to discuss it. It won't solve the long-term problem of the impending demise of PB, but it'll delay the pain for awhile and give you a lot more time to move photos and rebuild links.

I'm willing to do that
Thanks, Marc..

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

josa1

I have opened a FLICKR account and have started moving my photos there.

In conjunction with this, I've been trying to learn how to embed the photos on FLICKR into my posts on this site.

I watched a tutorial on UTUBE on how to "share" FLICKR photos and did my first couple of "embeds" on my post about how to service an anti reverse bearing.  If you want to look at the embeds this thread is stickied in the "GENERAL PROCEDURES" forum.

Could be I have other options but from what I see so far, the photo is not displayed on the AT post.  Instead a link is provided to the photo which is posted on FLICKR.  Clicking on the link displays the photo.  A plus is that clicking on the photo gives an enlarged image which is helpful if you're trying to see how to do some service technique.  The larger photos are great.

If something changes on how to post pictures to this site, I will modify this post.

From what I've learned so far, this is going to take a while because I have quite a few posts on AT.  However, I do like FLICKR.  No popups, no crazy things going on, etc.

On a good note, after I embedded the first two photos it gave me great pleasure to delete the PHOTOBUCKET images!

josa1

oc1

From the "start new topic" screen, or the "post reply" screen, or the "modify message" screen, go to the spot in the post where you want to put the photo.  Click the "insert image" button above.  Between the two sets of bracketed stuff, [imgs] and [/imgs], copy the flickr link to your photo.  Click "preview" or "send" below.  The visitor to the topic will be able to see a larger version of the photo by clicking on it.
-steve

Bill B

John T, to bulk download from PB, if you filed your photos in individual album, open the album and on the right side of the screen is a "down load album" in blue , click that and the download will start to your computer.  My down load stored them on the desk top as a "zip" file.  I put each zip file into it's own folder and "un-zipped" each file......Good luck brother....just finished rebuilding my Nep Tuna post....only took 1 hour  >:(   Bill

foakes

For me, like many of us, I have a few thousand posts -- most with pics.

So they will not get redone with fresh photo links...

However, I do have some seemingly very popular tutorials, discussions, and such -- that have generated 10 to 50 thousand looks -- so those will be repopulated as time allows -- since they seem useful to folks.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bill B

Well PB finally caught up with me, but fortunately I have rebuilt most of my posts, thankfully I got to the Nep Tuna rebuild before they got to me.