To The Victor Go the Spoils

Started by Maxed Out, July 22, 2017, 10:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

This high teener king never stood a chance with the super wide Cortez Jigmaster.

Thanks Alan C (Knob, DD bridge, SS sleeve, jack, yoke), and Randy pauly for the super wide kit, and most of all Tom for the cortez Jigmaster plates. If any of you guys lived local I'd run you over a piece or invite you over for a salmon bbq NW style....but alas I must eat solo tonite. Thanks again Alan, Randy and Tom for the high quality parts found nowhere else but here !!

Here is a tease  ;) ;)

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

handi2

And I have to go to the store to buy Salmon..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

josa1

Wow, Beautiful fillets there!

Enjoy the fruits of your labor, I can tell they will be delicious!

josa1

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Congratulations on the beautiful catch Ted, and thank you for the plug!

Randy

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: handi2 on July 22, 2017, 10:29:44 PM
And I have to go to the store to buy Salmon..!!

X2... more appropriately to eat salmon...

Maxed Out

dinner is served.....where are you guys ??....it's getting cold  ;) ;)
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Tightlines667

Congratulations Ted!

That is a good looking fish.

I am taking a friend's family offshore tmrw.  Hopefully we can cross paths with some fish.

John

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Gfish

I'mna go out early AM tomorrow, BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN!, after a month. Got some great tastin fish here, but man I don't think anything we got can beat fresh salmon with color like that - perfect lookin.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

broadway

That's just mean, Ted!
Sexy filets ya got there ti match your sexy reels.
Dom

Yogi_fish808

Beautiful King you got Ted! Even nicer looking cooked with grilled veggies.

Aloha,
Kyle

Tiddlerbasher

Dominick

Salmon and grilled eggplant Wow!  good job Ted.  Did you get a thank you note from my granddaughter?  She was thrilled.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Tightlines666 on July 23, 2017, 03:43:59 AM
Congratulations Ted!

That is a good looking fish.

I am taking a friend's family offshore tmrw.  Hopefully we can cross paths with some fish.

John

Not to thread Jack, but wanted to provide a quick update on my fishing...

Sunday did not go as planned.  I unintentionally grounded my vessel on a lava rock on the jetty in the harbor at 0400hrs.  The thick keel with SS runner protected the boat from damage, but it did damage my ego a bit.  I blame inattention, poor visibility, and lack of familiarity with the channel.  To ad insult to injury, I dropped my new phone into a deep water filled crevice when jumping off the boat to inspect for damage.  Glad I had insurance.  The women, who had never been on a boat before, got scared and we ended up canceling the trip.  

I managed to sneak out for 3 hours of trolling jets by myself on the 40fa. Ledge by Barber's point this evening though.  I picked up a nice 36lb Wahoo at 1730hrs.  Then I managed to run into a big mass of marine debris..cargo netting, and rope that thoroughly entangled around my prop, rudder, and running gear.  I secured myself to a rope and hoped overboard with a knife.  It took me 45mins to cut everything free.  This was a common occurrence on Longline vessels so I knew what to do.  Not having a mask didn't help matters though.  Gonna chalk this one up to another learning experience.  Dropped the fish on the block, and it should bring between $100 &$300.  Hopefully, I will make it offshore to chase YFT this weekend.

Now back to the regularly scheduled program.

John

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.