Need some vintage Gudebrod thread

Started by 1badf350, August 08, 2017, 03:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

Hello all, I need some Size A Gudebrod 5274 NCP Chestnut color thread. I need enough to wrap 6 guides on a 130lb class roller rod.
My email is Creed@LPC.com
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

thorhammer

got a pic? I may have it or really close.

1badf350

This is the color. It says size D but I need size A
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

thorhammer

I checked this morning; I have about enough to wrap one foot of an Aftco left. Sorry.

1badf350

-Chris

thorhammer

NP. is this a restoration or a new color scheme? I had it to repair some Fenwick's. Love that classic brown look. If you have end up having to "get close enough", Prowrap,  and I think Voodoo, have some pantone charts  that may get you close enough for gov't work.

John

1badf350

Yep its for an old brown fenwick. Somebody changed the guide wraps to some God awful lime green. Im trying to put it back to original.
-Chris

Bryan Young

I might have a spool, but my friend Pauline has all of my supplies (wrapper, threads, guides,...)
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

1badf350

Lets give Pauline a shout, shall we?  ;D
-Chris

jurelometer

I have a mostly full 950 yard spool of Gudebrod 5274 A,  but it is the regular stuff, not NCP.

Check out the following thread on rodbuilding.org about Fenwick wraps, NCP vs. regular, and color consistency of 5274:
http://rodbuilding.org/read.php?2,225561,225718

If you can't find the NCP stuff, and want to try the regular thread,    PM me with shipping address.

-J

Midway Tommy

Quote from: jurelometer on August 10, 2017, 04:15:37 AM

Check out the following thread on rodbuilding.org about Fenwick wraps, NCP vs. regular, and color consistency of 5274:
http://rodbuilding.org/read.php?2,225561,225718

-J

Well ain't that something? Sounds like a total rewrap is just about the only to get a close match. No wonder a bunch of the 5274 examples on eBay look like sightly different shades. ??? According to Vic it's because they were more than a little different.  :o  
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

mikeysm

You have to have the same lot number to make a perfect color match. It's all dyed at the same time.

Mike

1badf350

-Chris

jurelometer

Here is a photo of size A and D  spools of the official Fenwick color 5274 Gudebrod thread bought at the same time.  Yes they are slightly different shades.  Also in the photo is a guide replacement wrap over white with CP added, an an original decorative wrapping from a 70s vintage spinner.    Trying to exactly match a wrap, especially for a single guide replacement seems pretty tough to me.

-J

mikeysm

The only way is to purchase thread with the same lot number.

Mike