Old D.A.M. Quick magazine advertisements

Started by festus, September 10, 2017, 02:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

festus

l found these D.A.M. Quick ads in some old Field & Stream magazines.

D.A.M. Quicks weren't as highly advertised as Shakespeares, Mitchells, Abus, Penns, etc but after l got my first one in 1969 l always felt they were equal or superior to the other brands.

festus

more.......

Rivverrat

Hey thanks for posting that. Great stuff. Kind of neat to see the difference in the angle the advertisements take from then to the present time....Jeff

swill88

Thanks X2 Festus!

I've started in on bin of DQ's and you have added to my inspiration.

Steve

Bryan Young

I love these old adds. If at that age I actually read the adds, I may have all Quick spinning reels instead of Penn.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

festus

festus

happyhooker

Very interesting.  Because their reels are so unique, I never thought of DQ as selling rods; I will have to keep an eye out for more info on them.

Thanks for the post!

Frank

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

handyandy

festus

Found another on Alan Hawk's site.

festus

Found this one today.

Gfish

Oh cool! The Captain, with his Rolls Royce, a successful man, he spinfishes only with a DAM Quick. Man I gotta get me one!
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

oc1

That rod the Rolls Royce Captain has was made by Sabre and labeled for Quick.  That was after California Tackle Co. became Sabre but before Sabre was bought by Penn.  That same ad says something about the originator of tubular fiberglass rods which would have been Leon Todd.  It's debatable whether Leon Todd really was the originator tubular fiberglass rods but he may have been the originator of rolled tubular fiberglass rods.  Leon Todd started California Tackle so the ad must have been from before he left Sabre to start Calstar.  I bet the rod is brown.  Too bad Alan Hawk did not write a date on that ad.  It would be interesting to know the exact year.  It was sometime in the 1950's.  SoCalAngler should have something to say here.
-steve

festus

Quote from: oc1 on February 11, 2018, 08:59:01 AM
 Too bad Alan Hawk did not write a date on that ad.  It would be interesting to know the exact year.  It was sometime in the 1950's.  SoCalAngler should have something to say here.
-steve