Derek's hotrodded Baja Special!

Started by alantani, November 02, 2017, 08:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

i'll add the photos and let him add the commentary!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Rancanfish

C'mon, if I was a cat I'd be dead already!   ;D
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Cortez_Conversions

Let's hear about the custom clicker knob and adjustable bearing cup!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Maxed Out

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on November 03, 2017, 01:28:41 AM
Let's hear about the custom clicker knob and adjustable bearing cup!

.....What Tom said x2 !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

David Hall

Yogi_fish808

Nice!! At first I thought the clicker was converted into a mag cast control or something! Definitely the most external mods I've seen on a Baja/US113.

Alto Mare

Nice upgrade on that reel Derek! Could you show some pics on how you magged it? You can't just put up a pic of the finished reel here ;D.
Looks great!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Army_of_One

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 03, 2017, 10:32:32 AM
Nice upgrade on that reel Derek! Could you show some pics on how you magged it? You can't just put up a pic of the finished reel here ;D.
Looks great!

Sal

I have to go with this.  I assumed the controls were altered for the Ulua casting guys.  I didn't realize you replaced the clicker with a mag?
Another day in Paradise!

Cortez_Conversions

Here's a PM I received from Derek:

Hi Tom,

What you saw was a few pics of my upgraded/tuned Penn Baja Special 113HN via Alan.
I installed the bridge that you sent me into this reel along with a s. steel eccentric jack from others.
The spool bearings are s. steel ABEC5 from the US. I used high performance lubes throughout.

The knob that you see is not for clicker adjustment, it's a mag conversion. Both this and the spool adjustment/bearing cup knob parts were made and fitted by John Owens of 'John's Tackle Shop' near Manchester, England.

Derek.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Army_of_One

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on November 03, 2017, 05:53:21 PM
Here's a PM I received from Derek:

Hi Tom,

What you saw was a few pics of my upgraded/tuned Penn Baja Special 113HN via Alan.
I installed the bridge that you sent me into this reel along with a s. steel eccentric jack from others.
The spool bearings are s. steel ABEC5 from the US. I used high performance lubes throughout.

The knob that you see is not for clicker adjustment, it's a mag conversion. Both this and the spool adjustment/bearing cup knob parts were made and fitted by John Owens of 'John's Tackle Shop' near Manchester, England.

Derek.
So Mr. Tani, do we know how it works now?  ;D
Another day in Paradise!

alantani

i never mag anything, so i have no clue!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelfish

Awesome!!
Drooling!!

Can we see how it looks under the hood
The Baja Guy

mackereljoe

Quote from: steelfish on November 03, 2017, 07:28:06 PM
Awesome!!
Drooling!!

Can we see how it looks under the hood

It's the most beautiful thing I've seen in awhile.

Rancanfish

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

JRD