Best blank for redfish and snook

Started by ReelFishingProblems, November 15, 2017, 12:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwillis85

That's no good, be a weekend of laying concrete and fishing the pier at night this weekend. Might be a kite in all the wind but I am going fishing.
Chris

ReelFishingProblems

Quote from: cwillis85 on January 27, 2018, 01:44:11 AM
That's no good, be a weekend of laying concrete and fishing the pier at night this weekend. Might be a kite in all the wind but I am going fishing.
I'm not saying I couldn't be convinced

Rivverrat

Quote from: thorhammer on January 26, 2018, 07:34:58 PM
Nick, the blank I'm sending is a Rainshadow 7'0 that has some copper fade right above where the foregrip sits...I bought them specifically for building puppy drum rods with. it will be a good practice build for you and they will throw 1/2 to 1.5 oz nicely  for spoons, spooks, flukes, Carolina rig, etc.

Well as usual I went to heavy with my advice. Seems things change so drastically regarding rods & equipment depending on where the persons fishing some times. But I do understand Snook can be like bass regarding the assortment of things people seem to throw at them. Plus I dont fish salt water every week :-\... Jeff

mjdgator

Quote from: ReelFishingProblems on January 26, 2018, 01:39:47 AM
Gator,
Thanks for the info, i'll Definitely look into it.
Where are you located?

Nick
Valrico, FL

Nick, I am over in Pinellas.

mjdgator

I just had a builder order another UC blank (UC 83H) for launching hard plastics.   It's an 8'3" 10-25lb, 1/4- 1 1/2 blank.

ReelFishingProblems

Post a picture of that rod when it's done please!
We should get together sometime, on the water or otherwise.

I may head out to honeymoon island next Sunday to take the kayak out.

Nick

mjdgator

I launch my paddleboard from Dunedin causeway quite a bit.  Here is a pic of the first rod that I mentioned earlier.

ksong

How light lures do you use for them ?

Newell Nut

Quote from: mjdgator on March 10, 2018, 12:04:55 PM
I just had a builder order another UC blank (UC 83H) for launching hard plastics.   It's an 8'3" 10-25lb, 1/4- 1 1/2 blank.

UCs are really nice blanks.

Dwight

ksong

7' Black Hole Challenger Bank 701L blank weighs only 2.3 oz,  but the rod can handle 40 lb drum or any size snook.

ReelFishingProblems

Nice catch!
And it's a reasonably priced blank too.
May have to put that on the "things to do" list (different from the honey-do list)
Nick