alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Calling Our Rod Experts -- Need Some Advice & Direction
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
July 15, 2020, 10:51:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling Our Rod Experts -- Need Some Advice & Direction  (Read 2258 times)
wfjord

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2017, 05:14:52 PM »

As I recall, the Sage DS2 was a medium to slower action rod with a fuller flex.   If a repair for such a break was even possible, I don't know how it would affect the quality of the cast, which is the single most important aspect of a quality fly rod.  I can imagine how heart broken the owner of the rod was when he stepped on it, especially on an older Sage.
foakes

Sierra National Forest

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2017, 12:03:37 PM »

Got hold of Bill at Sage up on Bainbridge Island yesterday.

He was very knowledgeable and helpful.

Said to send the entire rod in to them -- they would replace the butt portion, plus inspect and restore the entire rod as needed for alignment of guides, any issues with wraps or threads, etc.

Cost would likely be around $50 + shipping.

I opened an online service, tracking, and incident account with them -- very smooth and slick.

Sage is a responsible company with a good reputation and good people -- I will post the process and result.

Should be around a 2 or 3 week turnaround, according to Bill at Sage.

Thanks to everyone -- stay tuned for a good result from Sage.

Best,

Fred
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 12:06:34 PM by foakes » Logged

Self-worth is how you value yourself. It’s not based on what others think of you or the things you have (or haven’t) accomplished—it comes from within. But it’s easy to forget that our worth isn’t determined by outside forces -- each of us sets our own price.

In life, be flexible, willing to listen to others, willing to change your mind based on your good judgement -- that is how progress is made, and new horizons are discovered.  When the winds of change blow -- A flexible limb moves and thrives -- a stiff and stubborn limb just snaps.
wfjord

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2017, 02:32:49 PM »

That's great news.  Everything I've ever heard about Sage's service was good.  Fortunately I've not "yet" broken one of my Sages, but if it happens it would be worth that cost to get it fixed.  I currently have an older Ross Cimarron fly reel (under warranty) boxed up along with a $30 check to send back to Ross Reels to get a bent rim repaired. Accidents happen.
Swami805

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2017, 02:39:47 PM »

Glad it's working out,never owned a Sage but I know they are highly regarded. $50 sounds more than reasonable
Benni3

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2017, 04:20:53 PM »

I had a spinn rod made from sage blank 5wt it was fantastic,,,,got in the car door  Angry but a friend got a new one like $875 he had to send it back,,,, man thay fix it right but 4 mouths he said  Grin
Tiddlerbasher
Photo Group

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2017, 04:50:08 PM »

Happy that there is progress Fred Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: