THIS IS HOW TO POST PICTURES TO THIS SITE

Started by Dominick, June 24, 2011, 06:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Ok, here goes an explanation of how to post pictures.  This tutorial will be using Photobucket, although some of the other photo storing sites will allow you to do the same.  Both Photobucket and the page where you want to post have to be open.

1.  Upload the photos to Photobucket following the instructions on Photobucket's site.  After the photos are loaded, each photo will have a thumbnail of the photo.  Below the thumbnails of the photos is a blue box and for the purposes of this tutorial ignore the blue box.  Below the blue box is "IMG Code." To the right of IMG code is a clear box that has the start of the IMG code in the box.

2.  Left click on the clear box with the IMG code and it will be highlighted in blue.

3.  Keeping the cursor on the now blue highlighted IMG code right click and a Windows box will appear.

4.  Left click on "copy" in the Windows box.  This will effectively copy the IMG code.

5.  On the post page in Alan's site place the cursor where you want the photo to be copied. Right click and a windows box will appear.  Scroll to paste and left click paste.  This should put the IMG code in the post page.  To test if the photo is there, click on the "Preview" button below the post page to see the photo and how it will look when it is posted.

Here is a photo of my best Blue Marlin being dragged to the cutting table in Los Cabos, Baja. Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

Hey Pesca,

I have done the photobucket way, but how did you post that marlin photo directly on here is what I wanna know?
Thanks
Dom

Dominick

Dom:  You posted the photobucket link for us to view your collection on photobucket.  If you follow the instructions you will be able to post the pictures on a post on this site.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

Thanks Pesca... I'll be giving it a shot this week.
Dom

alantani

i think i fixed this!  ok, you can now attach a photo on a post in this website, just like you do in all the other websites.  sorry it took so long to figure out.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Norcal Pescador

I think the photo above (kevin.jpg) is the photo of the month!
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Alto Mare

You're right Rob, if I knew how to do it, I would put it there myself ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

this photo was taken with kevin adams' kids 7 or 8 years ago.  i doubt that i would recognize them.  the first photo with a mellow shot with dad and that photo went out as their christmas photo later that year.  the photo you see was our "growling" shot just goofing off.  they were great kids, and it really hooked me on kid's fishing.  at least now the attachment function works!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

L.I. Anthony

Just a test.
My friend with 2 Sea Bass off of Block Island Dec. 27th

Dirk Gently

I must be doing something wrong. I can't seem to be able to post pictures. I don't wanna use photobucket.

Dirk Gently

Brendan