THIS IS HOW TO POST PICTURES TO THIS SITE

Started by Dominick, June 24, 2011, 06:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dirk Gently

Quote from: Dirk Gently on January 08, 2012, 08:07:50 AM
test

This is a Penn 6500SS that I got at least 15 years ago if not older. I never opened it up to clean or regrease it. The only maintenance it got was when I sprayed it down with fresh water after using it. And the occasional spritz of WD40. I stumbled across while looking for something else in the garage. After some thinking, I finally decided to do a full break down. Man, the stuff in there was ffuuuunnkkyyyyy!!!!!!!! eewwww!!!!!

alantani

i grew up on a farm in the central valley of california.  the grease we used on all the pieces of farm equipment had a very distinctive odor.  when i open up some of these 30 year old penn reel, i can smell that same grease.  i wonder it that is also what you had....   ;D

Dirk Gently

Quote from: alantani on January 11, 2012, 07:34:07 PM
i grew up on a farm in the central valley of california.  the grease we used on all the pieces of farm equipment had a very distinctive odor.  when i open up some of these 30 year old penn reel, i can smell that same grease.  i wonder it that is also what you had....   ;D

Mr. Tani, it was distinctive alright. Did I mention funky?  ;D

broadway

Can anyone tell me how to post a tutorial online with 21 photos?  I would also like to write an explanation under the photos like other tutorials here. What's the best way?
Thanks,
Dom

alantani

yes, go to any of the tutorials and hit "quote" to see how they are set up.  you will be using the "img" function from your photobucket or picasa hosting site.  you will have to download the photos to a photo hosting site first. 

redsetta

PS Dom, I usually write it all into a Notepad doc first, so you don't lose anything if your internet connection drops out.
Label the images consecutively before you upload them to Photobucket (or similar), ie DaiwaVentura-1, DaiwaVentura-2 etc.
Then just copy one image code (hover over the picture in Photobucket and you'll see the code options), paste it into the Notepad 21 times and change the number for each step.
Then write your comments before each 'img' tag.
Once you're finished, select all (ie 'Cntrl A'), copy (ie 'Cntrl C') and paste (ie 'Cntrl V') it into Alan's site.
Click 'preview' and it'll pull all the images through from the photo site.
If you run into any issues, let us know.
Good luck, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

broadway

Great!
Thanks for the pointers guys! Nice detailed explanation, Justin.  I spoke to Dominick (pescachaser) today, and I think he straightened me out.  I'll give it a shot after dinner... I'm starving  ;D
Thanks
Dom

George4741

viurem lliures o morirem

redsetta

Nice reels George - two of my favourites (after my Sal-inspired 113H tank  ;) ).
I've been trying to track down a nice 49 for a while, but the 349H has just jumped to the front of the queue.
Cheers for sharing!
All the best, Justin

Dominick

Quote from: redsetta on January 31, 2012, 07:45:26 PM
PS Dom, I usually write it all into a Notepad doc first, so you don't lose anything if your internet connection drops out.
Good luck, Justin
Quote from: broadway on February 01, 2012, 12:45:15 AM
Great!
Thanks for the pointers guys! Nice detailed explanation, Justin.  I spoke to Dominick (pescachaser) today, and I think he straightened me out.  I'll give it a shot after dinner... I'm starving  ;D
Thanks
Dom
Justin:  This hysterical.  I spoke with Dom on the phone today.  Dom does not know Notepad from the other pad.  Dom has a Mac.  :).  However we have to cut him some slack he was hungry so he was operating on low blood sugar. ;)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

George4741

Quote from: redsetta on February 01, 2012, 01:56:27 AM
Nice reels George - two of my favourites (after my Sal-inspired 113H tank  ;) ).
I've been trying to track down a nice 49 for a while, but the 349H has just jumped to the front of the queue.
Cheers for sharing!
All the best, Justin

Thank you for the kind words.  This is my first post with photos. These are two of my favorites, too.  I like narrow reels. 
George

viurem lliures o morirem

broadway

You got that right, Dominick... notepad, shmotepad!
I just did what you told me, and it worked perfect... thanks!
The post is up and running... check it out under "setting up your reel for fishing"
Enjoy,
Dom

redsetta

Apologies for any confusion Dom - was offered with the best intentions...
Will have a squizz at your post now.
Cheers, Justin

Dominick

Quote from: redsetta on February 01, 2012, 05:46:50 AM
Apologies for any confusion Dom - was offered with the best intentions...
Will have a squizz at your post now.
Cheers, Justin
Hey Justin:  No apologies for anything.  I understood everything.  Tell me how badly do you want a 49?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.