THIS IS HOW TO POST PICTURES TO THIS SITE

Started by Dominick, June 24, 2011, 06:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mizmo67

Quote from: alantani on June 11, 2017, 02:41:03 AM
i signed you up for this site.  you can host your photos here now.

Thanks Alan! Will see how it goes...if I have trouble maybe I'll switch it.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

gstours

Donnyboat

Just trying to send some photos first try with new computer...see what happens regards Don
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

The Barracuda pictures were scanned then sent via a PDF File, next time I will try through a words document, what ever is best, then I will scan some pictures of Wallace Brown, & his trophies, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

ez2cdave

Decker

Quote from: ez2cdave on June 29, 2017, 03:49:20 PM
*** PHOTOBUCKET Is Now CHARGING For 3rd Party Hosting - $400 / yr ! ! !

Uh-oh.   :o :P :-\   Change is in the wind.

ChileRelleno

Easy Photobucket Fix

In the cases where former/current PhotoBucket users haven't deleted all their albums.
Chrome and Firefox now have an extension, Photobucket Embed Fix,  that will display 3rd party hosted images.
It will fix all your broken pics, no need for you to do anything, it runs entirely in the background.

Click Tools>Add-Ons (Or press CTL+Shift+A) >select Extensions > enter "photobucket embed" in the Search box (upper right corner) > then click the install button.

Done! All your old pics should now be displaying again.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Dominick

Everyone, I started this thread to help with photo posting.  Since Photo bucket has gone rogue John's (Chili Rellano)'s fix is working for me.  After a while I will delete this thread as it no longer applies to photo posting.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ChileRelleno

Please Note:

This will only work for those using Chrome and/or Firefox and who have installed the Add-on/Extension.

Those using other browsers or without the Add-on will still see broken links.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

ez2cdave

The "Add-On" will allow you to VIEW photo's, BUT you are not able to SAVE them ( by "conventional means" ).

If you are using Windows, ( I use Windows 7, 64-Bit ) the Snipping Tool can be used to save images.

Tight Lines !

mhc

Quote from: ChileRelleno on September 10, 2017, 07:53:00 PM
Easy Photobucket Fix

In the cases where former/current PhotoBucket users haven't deleted all their albums.
Chrome and Firefox now have an extension, Photobucket Embed Fix,  that will display 3rd party hosted images.
It will fix all your broken pics, no need for you to do anything, it runs entirely in the background.

Click Tools>Add-Ons (Or press CTL+Shift+A) >select Extensions > enter "photobucket embed" in the Search box (upper right corner) > then click the install button.

Done! All your old pics should now be displaying again.

Thanks John, It's working for me with chrome - this has saved a lot of useful old tutorials and stuff from members that are no longer active on the site. And thanks for the link Steve, it saved searching.

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Cor

I downloaded the Chrome extension and immediately saw photos again, wonder if it will stay that way?
Cornelis

ez2cdave

Quote from: Cor on September 11, 2017, 02:28:35 PM
I downloaded the Chrome extension and immediately saw photos again, wonder if it will stay that way?

Try to SAVE some images . . .

I use Firefox, can't speak for Chrome.

In my case, the "Add-On" will allow you to VIEW photo's, BUT you are not able to SAVE them ( by "conventional means" ).

If you are using Windows, ( I use Windows 7, 64-Bit ) the Snipping Tool can be used to save images.

Tight Lines !

Decker

Quote from: Cor on September 11, 2017, 02:28:35 PM

Hopefully it will.  Tech details on the extension say that it works by modifying the "referer" on the link, so that the PB server does not know that you are coming to the photo from a 3rd party site.   I doubt that PB has the resources to counteract it.  It's a cat-and-mouse game, and the mice are winning for now ;D