THIS IS HOW TO POST PICTURES TO THIS SITE

Started by Dominick, June 24, 2011, 06:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetta

Want/need - it's a reel, I can't distinuguish between the two...  ;) ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

George4741

Apparently, if a photo is deleted from Photobucket, then it is also deleted from this site.  How can that be prevented?
viurem lliures o morirem

Dominick

Quote from: George4741 on February 29, 2012, 02:46:29 AM
Apparently, if a photo is deleted from Photobucket, then it is also deleted from this site.  How can that be prevented?
I don't believe that is true, but I will look into it.  It would seem to me that the picture is transferred.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

Justin,

Were you talking to me or Dominick... I think me, but Dominick answered... must be the Zin! ;)
I appreciate you taking your time to give me a hand... never be sorry for that!  ;)
Thanks Bro!
Dom

Dominick

Quote from: broadway on February 29, 2012, 04:56:41 AM
Justin,

Were you talking to me or Dominick... I think me, but Dominick answered... must be the Zin! ;)
I appreciate you taking your time to give me a hand... never be sorry for that!  ;)
Thanks Bro!
Dom

Of course it was the Zin, I have a reputation to uphold.  ;).  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Blue Collar Bob

Quote from: George4741 on February 29, 2012, 02:46:29 AM

Yes, an image linked here from photobucket no longer appears in posts when it is deleted from photobucket, because the image url no longer exists. Also, if you edit the image(add text, effects, resize, etc.) while keeping the same url the changes appear in your post.

alantani

isn't photobucket supposed to NOT delete your photos?  i thought the whole purpose was to archive them.    ???
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

George4741

Well, that explains why one of my photos disappeared on this site.  I inadvertantly deleted it on Photobucket. :o  I won't do that again.
viurem lliures o morirem

Blue Collar Bob

Quote from: alantani on February 29, 2012, 11:52:00 PM
isn't photobucket supposed to NOT delete your photos?  i thought the whole purpose was to archive them.    ???

The photos will be fine, unless you, or someone with access to your account, remove them.

kallitype

Hi all---joined back in 2009, but have only been "lurking".....here's a 29# king salmon caught on a little B2 squid off the north side of Vashon Island.

and a 22 pounder the same date a year later.  This one with mooched herring

Great site, thanks Alan!!
Vashon Island kayak angler

redsetta

Nice pics KT - that 29 pounder is a bruiser!
Cheers for sharing, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bruce

Quote from: Pescachaser on June 24, 2011, 06:02:18 PM
Ok, here goes an explanation of how to post pictures.  This tutorial will be using Photobucket, although some of the other photo storing sites will allow you to do the same.  Both Photobucket and the page where you want to post have to be open.

1.  Upload the photos to Photobucket following the instructions on Photobucket's site.  After the photos are loaded, each photo will have a thumbnail of the photo.  Below the thumbnails of the photos is a blue box and for the purposes of this tutorial ignore the blue box.  Below the blue box is "IMG Code." To the right of IMG code is a clear box that has the start of the IMG code in the box.

2.  Left click on the clear box with the IMG code and it will be highlighted in blue.

3.  Keeping the cursor on the now blue highlighted IMG code right click and a Windows box will appear.

4.  Left click on "copy" in the Windows box.  This will effectively copy the IMG code.

5.  On the post page in Alan's site place the cursor where you want the photo to be copied. Right click and a windows box will appear.  Scroll to paste and left click paste.  This should put the IMG code in the post page.  To test if the photo is there, click on the "Preview" button below the post page to see the photo and how it will look when it is posted.

Here is a photo of my best Blue Marlin being dragged to the cutting table in Los Cabos, Baja. Dominick

Buzz

VW

Help!  I did a post with pics and was very disappointed.  I cropped the original image to show mostly subject (reels) and minimize background.  The full size pic still displayed quite large on my monitor so I created a reduced size copy and that is what I linked to in my post.  Was disappointed at how small it displayed.  Tried to replace it with the original full size image but display was no larger in my post.  Image size, pixel count, and file size were all much larger but did not display any larger.  Anyone know why?  Does the forum automatically resize the display?  If not, any idea what happened, what I did wrong?  

alantani

not sure why the photos came out so small.  did you copy the [img] code or some other?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Fish-aholic

If using photobucket, here's a "how to" on resizing your pictures/images.

When viewing your album, click on upload.

Once the upload page is brought up, click on customize your upload options.

This will bring up image sizing options. Select size and then save the changes.
I personally use the 800x600 option - the image wont be too big or too small.

Now upload the pictures/images you want posting into a new thread; hit the preview button to view
your thread to see if the image size is acceptable to your wishes. If not, go back to photobucket and
change the image size again. Worth noting, you will have to reupload the same image(s) again for the
sizing changes to work ;)

Hope to have been of help!

Steve,