You know you've been thinking about reels too much....

Started by grekim, November 30, 2017, 12:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grekim

...when you walk through the bathroom and for a split second you mistake a roll of toilet paper (with about 1/3 left on it) for a surfmaster 200 (with some clean white mono).  With all due respect for the surfmaster, of course.  But, It really happened.  Care to add a good one? 
Educating fish on every trip

1badf350

Or you're standing at a urinal with a bit of corrosion on the flush valve thinking, " bet 1:1 vinegar would clean that right up" LOL
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

thorhammer

grekim

Quote from: 1badf350 on November 30, 2017, 01:00:42 AM
Or you're standing at a urinal with a bit of corrosion on the flush valve thinking, " bet 1:1 vinegar would clean that right up" LOL

Thought that too last week.  Oh boy!
Educating fish on every trip

happyhooker

You know you've been thinking about reels too much....when you spend half a morning trying to track down the history of an unnamed Japanese spincaster, probably 50+ yrs.old, that you probably will never use anyway.

Frank

Bill B

When your wife fires up the vacuum cleaner and you cringe thinking of all the dog springs that are getting sucked up at that moment.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

mikeysm

Your working on a rare reel and you have to go somewhere for awhile. Your wife decides your in the way so she moves your work but just throws everthing in a drawer and she makes a mess of your work.

Mike

akfish

I wake up in the middle of the night and look at my digital clock see it says 309 and think Penn; then 310 and its Penn again...
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Alto Mare

Those are some good ones guys ;)

Quote from: 1badf350 on November 30, 2017, 01:00:42 AM

:D...Winner!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

conchydong

Not that uncommon.
Others have taken it to the next level.

sdlehr

I was at a museum in St. Louis in August looking at ancient artifacts and I could tell the metals from the color of the corrosion, and could tell the patina from the corrosion. Some of those artifacts would've benefited from a vinegar soak....
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

ez2cdave

Quote from: conchydong on December 02, 2017, 12:51:53 AM
Not that uncommon.
Others have taken it to the next level.

I really LIKE that one . . . Does it have a Clicker, so you'll know when the "Big One" hits ?

LOL !

Tight Lines !

philaroman

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on December 01, 2017, 09:34:02 PM
When your wife fires up the vacuum cleaner and you cringe thinking of all the dog springs that are getting sucked up at that moment.....Bill

when you won't move to a different house, because the old one still has too many unrecovered parts

twotone

I know that vacuum cringe! Spend way to much time looking for a lost spring/screw . And have a replacement.
twotone

Donnyboat

Hi Grekim, I think you have been eating to many fish, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat