Main Menu

New Here

Started by PaparockCal, December 18, 2017, 02:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaparockCal

Greetings to everyone. I'm turning 68 years old as of the 23rd of December so I may be new to this forum but I'm not new to fishing. All of my saltwater experience has been in the Gulf of Mexico of Texas. My fresh water has all been in Arkansas primarily Small Mouth Bass on rivers but also Spotted Bass and Largemouth on Lake Bull Shoals in Northern Arkansas Ozark Mountains.

Opps, I forgot to say I am now in Canyon Country, California to be near my three Granddaughters!

happyhooker

Hello, and welcome from Minnesota.

Frank

foakes

Welcome aboard, Pop --

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Bryan Young

Welcome PapaRock

;Di thought it said PopRocks when I first saw your username. 😁🤣😂🤣

Reminds me when we used to put pop rocks in Cheetos and used it as bait for talapia. I don't think the fish was too happy. 🤣🤣🤣. They all ended up as fresh crab bait for Samoan crab. Yum.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Captain64-200

Fred from Biarritz ,

Tiddlerbasher

Hi and welcome from the UK :)

Crow

Welcome !!  I fished Bull Shoals a little....and Norfork, a lot, in my earlier years .
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Gobi King

Welcome from West MI!
Congrats moving close to your grand daughters, I moved a few times so my 2 girls could be close to their grand parents.
Take em out fishing with you,

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

PaparockCal

Quote from: Crow on December 18, 2017, 01:57:05 PM
Welcome !!  I fished Bull Shoals a little....and Norfork, a lot, in my earlier years .

Yes, that is a beautiful area and a Smallmouth fanatic's dream come true. Unfortunately my wife's and my own medical bills made us sell the house and boat. Her oldest son had fraternal twin girls and my wife HAD to come to California to nanny them since both parents have jobs and did not want to put them in daycare. I hope my casting arm recovers soon from the arm twisting ;)

PaparockCal

Quote from: Gobi King on December 18, 2017, 02:44:01 PM
Welcome from West MI!
Congrats moving close to your grand daughters, I moved a few times so my 2 girls could be close to their grand parents.
Take em out fishing with you,

Oh, I plan to take the grand daughters fishing and I'm trying to convert the oldest step-son at the same time with some success I might add.

Donnyboat

Welcome Papa, from sunny Western Australia, looks like your using that orange cap for bait, catch anything, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat