Need help please 113hn baja special

Started by Iyad, December 23, 2017, 03:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I want to mention that I've done many personal tests using 2-3 times the force that the reel was intended to be fished at, I have a couple of Tiboron kits with the same issue, as rub mark on the spool lip.
Mine still work fine afterwards, under normal conditions.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Swami805

I would think trueing up the frame would be very difficult. Would need to be about perfect for it  to work right. Might be able to buy a frame on ebay or something but if there was enough force to bend the frame with the reel together likely some other stuff is tweaked too. At least you only have $30 in it. Bummer
Do what you can with that you have where you are

gstours

My thinking is that your not out anything by trying to rotate the frame back to what seems to be true.  By careful trial and testing the forces that  bent the frame could be reversed in rotation possibly?   If its indeed twisted?  You,ll learn something!   Post us some more pictures when you can possibly.  Just about anything is possible nowa days!    Best of Luck.

conchydong

Do you have a set of calipers to check the frame to see of it is still true? I would start there and work backwards.

alantani

i dunno, guys.  it's hard for me to imagine the frame being torqued.....   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

handi2

Just take it apart and roll the spool on a flat table watching it closely. Do the same with the frame. Then you can start measuring. A new or used frame and or spool is available. Its too good of a reel to go to waist.

I have a new Makaira Sea 50II with a bent spool so it does happen. Its on the way back now.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Alto Mare

It has been mentioned that the bearings are in good shape, there is a good chance the tip of the spool shaft is bent on one or both sides.
Put the spool back in without the clutch assembly, just the spool, spool shaft and the two bearings. Give it a spin and keep an eye on the edge of the frame where it meets the lip of the spool. if the gap gets larger and tighter, it would be your spool shaft.
if the lip of the spool goes in and out of the frame, it would be your spool...just a thought.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Gfish

Spool looks to be aluminium. I've had one tweaked old penn metal spool. Looked and rolled ona flat surface perfectly. Differing flange to flange caliper measurements was the only way to see the problem.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

alantani

yeah, i know the bearings are supposed to be good, but i keep on thinking that it's usually a burnt plug before it's a burnt piston.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

Any dings on the frame that might show it was dropped? There's probably a reason it was sold cheap. Worse case you can probably part it out and get your money out of it.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Swami805

Could be someone had it apart and dropped part of it. Very strange, the mystery deepens
Do what you can with that you have where you are

mikeysm

Alan look down the plug hole can you see the piston pin through the hole. I see the picture and the mark were it's been rubbing. Something is bent for sure.

Mike

Iyad

Here is more pics

Iyad

I figured out where the spool rubs the frame its below the what i think a twisted frame bar

Iyad

Quote from: MarkT on December 25, 2017, 11:21:13 PM
Any dings on the frame that might show it was dropped? There's probably a reason it was sold cheap. Worse case you can probably part it out and get your money out of it.
Not even a tiny scratch except one which was my fault when i tried to put together