Gear and Tackle Needed

Started by Bryan Young, January 06, 2018, 10:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

I'm taking a Penn Battle 6000 with 300 yds of 50# spectra and a 40# leader on my 10 day this weekend. It'll handle 30# YT and YFT and Wahoo too with bait. I'll have it on a Major Craft 77 Hiramasa rod and will be throwing smaller poppers, stick baits and live bait. My main popper rig will be a Twin Pwer 14000 2/65# spectra and an 80# leader on a Black Hole S-801h.  Of course you can throw poppers on your surface iron rod too which in my case is a big baitcaster. I'll have 3 baitcasters and the 2 spinners. I'll use conventional reels for fishing bait, probably 30-40# the most.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

R46chevy

Having problems deciding what heavier outfit I should bring? Most people look like they may bring a 130lb outfit in case of bluefin. Thoughts?
Thanks

Porthos

100lb is the heaviest I own, and it's a single speed at that. If need be, I clip a backup reel to a lug and send the 100lb overboard...

R46chevy

That would be fun to see, how often do u lose an outfit with that?

alantani

80 pound and 100 pound should work!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

R46chevy

SoCalAngler

Quote from: R46chevy on September 24, 2018, 08:57:06 PM

Not often as a harness that clips on to the main rig has floats on it. But with the use of Spectra back up rigs are not needed as often as in the past.

Porthos

Quote from: R46chevy on September 24, 2018, 08:57:06 PM

There's 700+ yds line on that Daiwa 600H...so not yet.

natch!

Alan,
Did you say 6 :'( or 9 :) spots for rods? I've made two rounds of cuts and am at 10 now.

Jack

R46chevy

I think we all bring 2, 40 spinner and 80 bait. Back up rod being a zebco 303

Bryan Young

I think Alan said 6 in your spot.  Remaining will be upfront or upstairs.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Just got a text from Hank. They are just leaving the ridge 13 and he's got 8 BFT, 40#ers and 2 wahoos.  They are heading for YT now.  He will be getting back the day before we go out.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

I'd like to fish my Mitchel 499, does anyone have a heave spinning rod I can use?
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"