Mexican flag shikari rod

Started by steelfish, January 11, 2018, 02:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

well, I have been restoring lots of rods for my local friends with fishing charter service, most of them wanted to restore the loaner rods on basic colors without any bling so, I considered them not worth of posting them here, but this guy brought me a rod (custom made) with mexican colors on the guide wraps and also on the EVA grips, so, he wanted it rebuild it again with my own choice of details and tone of colors, it ended up looking really good, so I wanted to show it to you guys too.
the best compliment I could have from him is that he told me that it wont be used it ever, its going to be on the wall of his office along with fishing trophies and pictures.

anyway, some "before" and some "after" pictures, lets see if you notice which ones are before and after  ::)

I put TSW pacbay guides as I did on the other loaner rods but according to my friend this one its soo pretty that it wont be use it as loaner ord or by himself either

PS: I know some of my ohana italians friends might like it too.

The Baja Guy

thorhammer

Alex, very nice clean look.  Well done.

Swami805

Really nice work, love the contrast of the colors, super clean.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Alto Mare

Quote from: steelfish on January 11, 2018, 02:09:29 AM

PS: I know some of my ohana italians friends might like it too.

Absolutely Alex!... That rod looks amazing! Una obra de arte... ;)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Alex,
That is Awesome! Great work Compadre! ;)
Life is Good!

FatTuna

I've always been impressed by Steelfish's work.

This makes me want to build a custom American flag themed rod.

droppedit

do you have an Alps printer Alex? Nice work!

Dave
Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com

steelfish

Quote from: droppedit on January 11, 2018, 12:56:39 PM
do you have an Alps printer Alex? Nice work!

Dave

I wish I had an ALPS printer or something similar to be able to print white, metallic gold and silver but nop.
I print my own lettering and logos on my home deskjet printer and use waterslide transparent sheets, thats the reason I can only print in darker colors and always over bright colors thread wrap.

Im posting the last pics as attachment so you can click on it to see it bigger, I really liked how this last rod ended up on the lettering and logo colors

"fat tuna, american flag rods looks really cool, I have seems few and the color combination options is endless.

thanks guys, glad you like it, I try to keep my build simple, just like my amigo Dwight use to say, these rods are simple but effective, I like his work so, I followed the simple and clean style without much bling.

currently Im doing another rod in Mexican Flag colors for my Boss which is from USA but this time over a White painted blank, we will see later how it looks once finished.

The Baja Guy

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

mo65

Alex...your work always looks fantastic. I agree with Dwight's advise too.8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

steelfish

well, its like a new local fashion

another Mexican colors fishing rod, but this time with some bling and white blank

The Baja Guy

steelfish

few more
The Baja Guy

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Reel 224

Alex: You did a great job with that rod and like the colors, I have to show you one that I made with colors of Italian flag.
Those guides look great they make it pop.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

steelfish

Quote from: Reel 224 on February 07, 2018, 02:13:34 AM
Alex: You did a great job with that rod and like the colors, I have to show you one that I made with colors of Italian flag.
Those guides look great they make it pop.

Joe

Joe, I would like to see that rod amigo, but Im pretty sure the mexican flag colors would look better LOL (j/k)

post them here or email them to me
The Baja Guy