Screwdriver purchase!

Started by Scattergun2570, January 17, 2018, 12:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scattergun2570

So I found a tool place not too far that had Wera,and Wiha. So I bought two sets. The Wera for turning more stubborn screws with a thicker handle,"Kraftform" I think they call it... and the Wiha for the smaller stuff requiring less force. They also threw in a Wera "Bit-Check" for free..

Sooo for $50 beans,I think I did pretty good.
And wow,what a difference in screw fit as compared to what I was using!

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bhale1

Scatter,

Very nice,....one question ???? What is the difference between the number 1,2,3 Phillips that have the black and red collars...never seen that before.....always trying to learn😀....thanks for sharing
Brett

Scattergun2570

Quote from: bhale1 on January 17, 2018, 03:04:49 AM
Scatter,

Very nice,....one question ???? What is the difference between the number 1,2,3 Phillips that have the black and red collars...never seen that before.....always trying to learn😀....thanks for sharing
Brett
Just smaller lighter handles I believe. But the red collar does rotate..not sure if it's a useful feature or not,,I'm kinda new in this area myself.

PacRat

The 3 on the left look like Pozidriv bits.
-Mike

bhale1

Thank you! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thought I had read somewhere about a different cut Phillips head on Shimano's or some JDM reels....
Brett

bhale1

Oooops overtyped you on that....so what is a "posidrive"?
Brett

PacRat

There's also one called a Quadrex but I believe Wera does the Pozidriv. If you google them and then look at images you will see examples of each.

bhale1

Mike,
Thank you for the update....got my homework for the night😀
Brett

PacRat

Now that you've opened that can of worms...here's some homework: http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2039.0
Looks like JIS (Japanese Industrial Screws) are the ones found on some Japanese reels and electronics.

bhale1

Lol!!! Yep saw that too, plus lots of other stuff on the ole YouTube....never actually realized how many types of fasteners there were... there's stuff out there I've never even seen before 😀 But, now I have a much better understanding, and know how to identify the 3 main Phillips type heads( standard, Pozi, and JIS),,......always learning here!!!😁😁😁...
Brett

Tiddlerbasher

If you arm yourself with a set of Vessel bits sizes 1, 2 and 3 these will fit both Philips and JIS.

smnaguwa

Wow! Where can I get the deal that you scored?

alantani

i don't think rick will mind if i post this. 

On Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 1:10:11 PM PST, Hascup, Rick <rhascup@jdvproducts.com> wrote:

Hello Alan,

One of your Forum colleagues called us and mentioned that he needed a J.I.S. (Japanese Industrial Standard) version of the Phillips tip screwdriver to repair his fishing reel.

We are the U.S. Partner of VESSEL Co. Japan, a 100 hundred year old Industrial Tool Manufacturer that actually created the J.I.S. version Cross-point tip. Check out VESSEL's

Hand Tool & Bits catalog at https://www.vesseltools.com/downloads/ca185.pdf

Alan, can we interest you and your Forum members a discount on VESSEL's J.I.S. Cross-points? They fit the Japanese screw perfectly and will not "cam-out" as the Phillips U.S. version Tips.

See explanation below:

Surprising, very few people are aware that they need the J.I.S. tip. Once they try it there's no going back to the Phillips! I would be more than happy to send you a sample

To test them? Your forum members will be ecstatic! It really is a big deal. Can we have a dialog with you? It will be truly appreciated. Thanks Alan!

Best Regards,

Rick Hascup

Corporate Sales       

JDV Products Inc. 

22-01 Raphael Street, Fair Lawn, NJ 07410

Ph: 201-796-1720 Ext. 228

Rhascup@JDVproducts.com

www.jdvproducts.com  www.Reelcaddy.com

www.vesseltools.com   www.standardpneumatic.com

Description: cid:image002.png@01D37419.62A26290

Description: cid:image003.png@01D37419.62A26290

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Midway Tommy

That's pretty darn cool, Alan!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)