Anyone going fishing on opening day?

Started by pjstevko, January 27, 2018, 01:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

It needs to be on the trip but anyone over the age of say 63.5 should be exempt?

Big Tim

Quote from: David Hall on February 16, 2018, 04:40:18 AM
It needs to be on the trip but anyone over the age of say 63.5 should be exempt?

The only thing 63.5 will get you is a discount at Denny's  ;D

pjstevko

David Hall

If we can come to some kind of agreement it might also get me out of the running for the golden carp!

Big Tim

Quote from: David Hall on February 16, 2018, 05:27:31 AM
If we can come to some kind of agreement it might also get me out of the running for the golden carp!

What kind of agrement are you speaking of David $$$$ PM me  ;D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pjstevko

alantani

yup, pj, that golden carp will look great on your fireplace mantle!  ;D

pjstevko

Quote from: alantani on February 16, 2018, 09:45:05 PM
yup, pj, that golden carp will look great on your fireplace mantle!  ;D

No way! My money is on Big Tim to earn that trophy!

alantani

just a warning.  tim has been winning the carp with hex bars.   ;D

David Hall

That's it, no hex bars, it's pipe jigs for me.

pjstevko

Quote from: alantani on February 17, 2018, 02:56:19 AM
just a warning.  tim has been winning the carp with hex bars.   ;D

He gave me one a few years and wonders why I never use it :D ;D :D ;D

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on February 17, 2018, 02:56:19 AM
just a warning.  tim has been winning the carp with hex bars.   ;D

HUSH ... Big Bait = Big Fish  ;D

rogan

I'm in.

Just talked it over with Alan and Randy and I'm gonna make the long drive from Phoenix. I'm new to this whole rock fish/ling thing so for this trip I'll be taking on the role of the new guy with hundreds of questions...

So for my first question, what do you guys like for lead heads?

I ask because I cast my own lead weights and I would like to bring some lead heads to give out to you guys.  I checked some prices and I found 6 to 10 oz jigs going for 10-15 buck each.  That's really expensive to me. I think free is better, so I wanna contribute some to the group.  But since I have no experience with this yet, I'm not sure of the sizes or preferred shape.  So give me some input... these are the two basic shapes I found.  Group majority decides, then we can pick sizes since the molds are multi cavity and we can have a range of sizes.

Bullet head or shad head????

or other choice....

pjstevko

Quote from: rogan on February 18, 2018, 07:30:11 PM
I'm in.

Just talked it over with Alan and Randy and I'm gonna make the long drive from Phoenix. I'm new to this whole rock fish/ling thing so for this trip I'll be taking on the role of the new guy with hundreds of questions...

So for my first question, what do you guys like for lead heads?

I ask because I cast my own lead weights and I would like to bring some lead heads to give out to you guys.  I checked some prices and I found 6 to 10 oz jigs going for 10-15 buck each.  That's really expensive to me. I think free is better, so I wanna contribute some to the group.  But since I have no experience with this yet, I'm not sure of the sizes or preferred shape.  So give me some input... these are the two basic shapes I found.  Group majority decides, then we can pick sizes since the molds are multi cavity and we can have a range of sizes.

Bullet head or shad head????

or other choice....

Great to have you join us! Don't worry about being new to lingcod and rockfish fishing we'll help you out.

Thank you for the offer of free jig heads, it's greatly appreciated. I think the two types of jig heads you posted are the most popular styles so bring a variety of both. Add far as weight goes I personally use 6,8 or 10oz since we are allowed to fish up to 300ft deep.

I'm looking forward to this trip, it's gonna be fun!