My son's 180 Build (1st reel)

Started by xjchad, January 27, 2018, 11:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johndtuttle

xjchad

Thanks guys!  I passed along your sentiments and he's all smiles  ;D
He was really excited to finish it and can't wait to get it spooled up  and hang his first fish on it!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

festus

Great job, little man.  Betcha learned real quick about those flat anti-reverse springs.

CW33919

The look on that young man's face - that is what pure joy looks like. Great job, both Father and Son!  Fishing Buddies for life.
'I've read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and have learned much from both of their styles"

Rivverrat

Quote from: xjchad on January 29, 2018, 04:31:32 AM
Hi guys,
You may have noticed that I edited my post. My wife was a little concerned with me posting our sons name and age along with pictures in a public forum. I just pulled his name and age out of the post....

Chad & to all others. With some things I help with both locally & afar I can say this, first off while your wife's concerns or very legit I find few people that are fully aware of the level of this issue.
  Both in the U.S. & world wide. It is a very sad & evil thing. No other way to explain it.

We have been given gifts from a gracious God.
  STAND TALL & be FIRM when it comes to protecting the innocence of our loved children... Jeff

xjchad

Quote from: Rivverrat on February 27, 2020, 05:55:55 PM
Hi guys,
You may have noticed that I edited my post. My wife was a little concerned with me posting our sons name and age along with pictures in a public forum. I just pulled his name and age out of the post....

Chad & to all others. With some things I help with both locally & afar I can say this, first off while your wife's concerns or very legit I find few people that are fully aware of the level of this issue.
  Both in the U.S. & world wide. It is a very sad & evil thing. No other way to explain it.

STAND TALL & be FIRM when it comes to protecting the innocence of our loved children... Jeff

Jeff,
You're right.  At first I was a bit annoyed that she was concerned about that.  I'm thinking, there's no issue here, these are good guys that have helped me immensely in many ways.  But honestly, you never really know about other people in this world or on the internet.  And while I believe that you guys are good people and look up to you all, there are many visiters here as well, and one can never be too safe.

I complied with her initially just to make her happy, but the more I thought about it, the more I agreed.  She is a wise woman and I'm working on listening to her opinion more seriously.  I believe our children are a gift from God, and a great responsibility not to be taken lightly.  The more stuff I see and read about the dangers of human trafficing, the more I believe that we can't protect our children TOO much!

I've got a lot of learning and a lot of growing to do to be the man, husband, and father that I want to be, and I'm thankful for the examples I have in my life to look up to, including many of you.

I love this:
   STAND TALL & be FIRM when it comes to protecting the innocence of our loved children...

Thank you!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Rivverrat

Chad, your heart & mind will not go unnoticed.   We as parents, husbands will fail at times. It's inevitable.  But this fight & it is a fight, is an endeavor worthy of our effort. We can choose to never let any single failure that will happen, as parents, husbands, to define us. By admitting wrongs & making corrections from a wise mind & humble heart. I am still hopeful that my x wife & myself will be reunited.

I will not go into detail but I believe there is today more than ever, a fight for the minds of our children. The evidence of this is clearly seen in the news just the past few days... Jeff  

Decker

Quote from: Rivverrat on February 27, 2020, 05:55:55 PM
Hi guys,

Both in the U.S. & world wide. It is a very sad & evil thing. No other way to explain it.

For what it is worth, the Ohana board is not visible without logging into the site.  This way, the contents of Ohana posts do not show up in Google searches, and are visible only to site members.  

In addition to concerns about protecting children, there is the phishing aspect, where perpetrators use information they find about you to target you for exploitation.  Definitely it is a good idea to limit exposure of and access to your personal information.