Tiburon T3N Narrow Kits for the Penn 112H Senator

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, February 02, 2018, 04:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Maxed Out on February 03, 2018, 04:23:34 AM

I'll take one in Pewter....thanks Randy

Ted, do you want a raw kit to have anodized?  Pewter is not one of Tiburon's standard colors.

broadway

Randy,
  I'll go with a purple one for my momma!  She uses a lefty 112h and righty 112h depending on which shoulder hurts her more that day, lol.  No kidding!
She already has an accurat-ized one and now she'll have a tiburon-ized one!
Thanks
Dom

Islandgypsy

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

STRIPER LOU

Hey Randy, could this be available with a purple frame and a black spool?

...........best,  ..  Lou

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on February 03, 2018, 08:28:11 PM
Hey Randy, could this be available with a purple frame and a black spool?

...........best,  ..  Lou

In a Connecticut minute for you Lou.  Do you want one?

Thanks,

Randy

STRIPER LOU

Yes Please and Thank you RP. I was hoping it would not upset the apple cart!

Just finishing up your T4NI.  Hopefully I'll get a few minutes to post it up next week.

Thanks for taking on this project in addition. Its most appreciated!

Regard's,  ..  Lou

eguinn

Hey Randy, I would be interested in 2 in black if they are going to lighten the spools like they did on the 113h kits, it makes a big difference. Lmk if they are going to do this. Ed

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Ed, I have one of the spools from when they made the T3N kits a long time ago, and they are very light weight.  To give you an idea, the Tiburon 501 spool (the red spool in the photos below) weighs 3.4 oz.  The Tiburon T3N spool, which is slightly larger in diameter and the same width, only weighs 3.1 oz.  The wall thickness of the T3N spool is thinner than the 501, and there is no way that they could drill them without drilling through. 

I am glad that you mentioned it because I never really looked closely at their old T3N spool, but now that I did, it would seem to make a lot of sense to make their Jigmaster and Squidder spools the same way.  If they made their 501 (and Newell 322) spools the same way, it would bring the weight down to under 3 oz.

Do you still want the two T3N kits?

Thanks,

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I am going to Tiburon on Wednesday and I would like to place the order for the T3N extra narrow 112H 3/0 Senator kits but so far I have only received orders for 12.  Their minimum run is 35 units, and I would feel a lot better ordering them is I had 20 orders in hand.  If you want one and have not ordered it, I would really appreciate it if you would please do it today or tomorrow or Wednesday morning.  If I don't have the 20 units by the time that I meet with Tiburon on Wednesday afternoon, I still plan to run the kits, but it will have to wait until I get orders for at least 8 more kits.

Thanks,

Randy

farmer56

hi randy....   farmer 56  here  i was down  for  one  silver  112h narrow  ... i  would  like  to  add  a  black  one  also...  for  two  total  thank  you   dennis   the  farmer  56.......  dennis  because  thats  my  name...  farmer  because  thats  what  i  am...  and  56  because thats  the  year  i  was  born   

eguinn

Decker

broadway

Reel 224

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on February 02, 2018, 04:23:49 PM
If you would like an extra narrow (1 5/8" - same width as the 501 and T4N1) topless Tiburon 112H kit for $149 plus $4.94 for shipping to anywhere in the USA, please post here which standard Tiburon color you would like. Tiburon's standard colors are electric blue, cobalt blue, black, silver, red, purple and dark green.  If and when we accumulate 20 orders, I will get a production date and exact cost from Tiburon and then check back with everyone to confirm that their orders are still firm.

Tiburon produced a narrow kit for the 112H high speed 3/0 Senator a  long time ago, and I have verified that they still have their engineering and set ups, so there would be no delays or tooling charges or other costs involved to have them run it again.  All that they would require is a run of 35 kits, and maybe less since they already have the set up.  I believe that they could be ready to ship by the end of March if ordered within the next two weeks.  If there is enough interest, Tom might consider moving a 112H side plate project closer to the front of his project line up.

Please let me know if you would like one.

Thanks,

Randy

Randy: I'll take one in cobalt blue if you have one.

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."