130lb class penn senator rod

Started by 1badf350, March 11, 2018, 03:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

Guys I'm curious about this Penn Millennium Senator rod. Does anybody have a catalog that can identify when they were made? Thank you!

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Carl L

Well, you got me google-ing, It is in the 2009 catalog.. thats my best guess.. maybe started in 2000?

1badf350

Where is it in the 2009 catalog? I'm looking at it now and I don't see it.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Swami805

Good looking rod and components. The weave in the glass looks like graphite but it could be some kind of carbon fiber. Several blank makers were trying it out during that time. I had a Loomis that had a weave like that, super light weight ,the blank weighted hardly anything but really stiff. I think it was rated 80-130. Interesting rod bet you can pull pretty hard on it. Nice unibutt on it too. Be interested to see what it is
Do what you can with that you have where you are

bhale1

Chris,
I wouldn't have a clue...but from the pics it looks brand new to me😀!
Brett

SoCalAngler

There should be a model number on the rod. I don't see it in the pics but it should be on there somewhere. Google that with, Penn rod, and you should be able to find some info or just call Penn if you can.

oc1

When talking about fishing rods the terms graphite and carbon fiber are used interchangeably and refer to the same thing.  Carbon fiber is more correct. 

With fiberglass the rod makers would try to cover up the weave.  With carbon fiber they try to show off the weave.  Fishing rod fashions.
-steve

Bill B

Chris that thing is only good as a tomatoe stake...just send it to me and I will put it to good use........killing fish 😝   Good looking rod brother.....what are you going to use t for.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

thorhammer

Never seen one! that's a nice stick. good find. curious to hear the history and whether there was a whole line of them

UKChris

Quote from: oc1 on March 12, 2018, 06:19:52 AM
When talking about fishing rods the terms graphite and carbon fiber are used interchangeably and refer to the same thing.  Carbon fiber is more correct. 

Indeed. Graphite is fine for pencil leads but useless for fishing rods  ;D You do need carbon fibre.

1badf350

This particular rod was on eBay for a while. I was watching it wondering about it. Could never find any info on it. John Taylor will tell you I seem to have google superpowers, but I still can't find any info.
Well, I saw this one at a flea market in Virginia Beach over the weekend. I asked the guy selling it about it. He said, "I don't know I've had it on eBay forever" LOL so I was now holding the rod I had been watching for months. So I talked the guy down from his asking price and she came home with me. Still this rod is the only example of its kind I can find.
I did see a 12lb and 20lb class on the U.K. eBay but no details.
-Chris