Triton BeastMaster 20/30

Started by nicky.phil, February 23, 2009, 04:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicky.phil

hi Alan,
your topic on shimano triton beastmaster 4/0 II has inspired me to check on my two triton beastmaster 20/30 :D. they look the same but on the drag side the 4/0 spool cap goes on top of the drag washer while on the 20/30 there are two parts on top of the washer 1) pressure plate #0123, 2) clutch pad plate. the clutch pad has a silicon type of material molded in it and has melted away in less than a year causing the drags to malfunction :(. as you had mentioned these reels were " introduced head of it's time " i hope you would be to help me fix my reels. many thanks :) :) :)

alantani

if you've got that black goo leaking out all around, then glenn pamaran is the only guy that can service these.  find him here .....

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=55.0

please let me know if this does not work.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

nicky.phil

Happy Birthday ;D ;D ;D Thank you very much Alan for the info.  :) :) :)

capt.cafe

i have 4 triton beastmasters 20/30s  prob im having is when trolling they let out line until you crank the adjustment so hard you cant reel. these were given to me and he said they had been serviced years back and have really no use on them.
there is no goo coming out. any help would be greatly appreciated. i have pamaran's # however for $240 for each rebuild?!!as i have read!!
and these reels are like new and i would hate to deem them obsolete... thanks drew

Dawn

I have the Carbon fiber drags for the old beasties, however I'm still looking for an idea for a couple of the reels for the pressure plate that melts.  I'll ask someone who probably knows and let you know what I find out
I do have the pressure plate for the 20/30 in the Xtreme material

Dawn
Smooth drag
Dawn

alantani

i'll be down in san diego in three weeks and i'll try to look glen up.  i would be interested in seeing what the pressure plate looks like.  

Potomac Hooker

Quote from: Dawn on July 22, 2010, 05:54:05 PM
I have the Carbon fiber drags for the old beasties, however I'm still looking for an idea for a couple of the reels for the pressure plate that melts.  I'll ask someone who probably knows and let you know what I find out
I do have the pressure plate for the 20/30 in the Xtreme material

Dawn
Smooth drag

Dawn I am looking for something to Replace my Silicone Ring on a 30/50. Were you ever able to come up with anything?
No dear, that is not reel grease on your clean towels. (whistle)

:) Jeff

ohfishalee

Will the lever quadrant of the 20/30  fit a 4/0 Beastmaster

alantani

ohfishalee