Daiwa anti reverse issue

Started by Rgbraun1, March 21, 2018, 09:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rgbraun1

New memeber here!  Thanks in advance for your help.
I have an old Daiwa PM1305h spinning reel.  The gear shredded some teeth the other day.  I took the reel apart and was able to find another gear but I can't figure out how to make the antireverse work again or how it goes back together.  I have the schematic.   A few pics are attached. One pic shows the gear I replaced with the clip that goes on the shaft.  The next shows the silver antireverse lever and rod, the antireverse "claw" and the hole where the shaft with the clip on it inserts. 
Thanks again. 
Rgbraun1
More pics if necessary

happyhooker

I have a Daiwa AS1350, which I wouldn't think is the same as your reel, except that you mention "antireverse claw", which is a part I know the AS1350 has.  On mine, the A/R wouldn't work & when I took it apart, there was a rubber ring thingy (sorry to get technical) that had deteriorated which I guessed was kind of a spring to allow the A/R to work.  I ended up patching it together with a rubber O-ring & have not had a chance to find out if the "antireverse claw" is this rubber part & if you can get a new one.  Wish I could help more, but this A/R is unlike any I've seen.  I will monitor your post and maybe some other folks will get involved & we can figure the thing out.

The folks on this site are by and large knowledgeable & few problems get by without some tips that help solve issues.  Glad you're with us & welcome.

Frank

Rgbraun1

Thanks Frank.   I'll try to take and post a few better pics too. 

ez2cdave

Greetings, Ohana !

I have attached the schematic for this reel . . .

Also, some external pics for identification purposes.

Tight Lines !

Reel Beaker

Quote from: ez2cdave on March 23, 2018, 07:41:19 PM
Greetings, Ohana !

I have attached the schematic for this reel . . .

Also, some external pics for identification purposes.

Tight Lines !

Great schematic mate! Seems to me he has trouble putting back his anti-reverse lever mechanism back again as his first upload seem to show his gear with part 41/62. I could be wrong though.

Just my 2 cents.....