pictures and tutorials

Started by oldmanjoe, March 26, 2018, 12:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmanjoe

???    How do you put the pictures in the same paragraph ?    joe
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Chuck750ss

Been meaning to ask this myself!

Gfish

Witha I-Pad, directly below the post reply "box" isa "+Additional Options..." thing, just tap on that. Probably the same ona regular computer?...
From there I can pull up stored photos from the " Photo Library " option.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Midway Tommy

You have to store your photo's at a third hosting sight or create a gallery here at AT.

To create a gallery here click any of the "GALLERY" tabs at the top of the page just below the search box. The photo gallery will then come up. On the right side of center click the "MYGALLERY" tab and create yourself a gallery. Click on "Bulk Add Pictures" and upload as many photos as you want at a time to your gallery. Once they're in your gallery open the photo you want to insert into a post. Below that photo are  4 "Image Linking Codes". Use the top one, "BB Code", and click on the double blue icon at the right. That will highlight the entire "BB Code" line. Copy that and paste it into your dialog message box where ever you want he photo to be placed. I usually add my photos all the way to the left on a new line below where my discussion line is.

Hope that helps.   
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Chuck750ss

Yes it does help! So one could type in the text, separated into paragraphs, then insert the photos? Instead of type- insert photo, type- insert photo,etc.?

sdlehr

Quote from: Chuck750ss on March 26, 2018, 10:47:10 AM
Yes it does help! So one could type in the text, separated into paragraphs, then insert the photos? Instead of type- insert photo, type- insert photo,etc.?
Yeah, you could do that if you wanted to....
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Chuck750ss on March 26, 2018, 10:47:10 AM

That's how I do it. I try to load my photos close to the order I'm going to use them. I have two browser tabs open, one for text & one with My Gallery. I type my entire text and then toggle back and forth to insert the photos where I want them. Pretty simple process, actually, once you get the text completed and proof read  ::).    :D

Sometimes, though, if I want to start something and know I wont have time to finish it before I have to leave, or bedtime, I'll type it in a Word doc and later copy & paste that into the dialog box & then add the photos.

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

oc1

Somewhere on this keyboard there is a button that erases everything in the reply box.  Haven't figured out which button it is yet.  So, I usually type a paragraph, post it, then hit modify and add a little more. Post, modify, post and I always put a blank line before and after each photo.
-steve

Dominick

Steve if it is in your keyboard, open up the reply dialogue box and hit your keys one at a time.  I have never had that problem.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Rivverrat

Wish I'd known this before doing the tutorial... Jeff

oc1

I can't make it happen again Dominick.  It has bitten me a couple of times though.  Always after investing a lot of time to say nothing important.
-steve

Tiddlerbasher

Steve - You could be hitting Ctrl (instead of shift) 'w' - that will close the page without saving anything.
Ctrl + Backspace will delete everything you have just typed, there is probably several others as well.
These are what is known as 'Keyboard Shortcuts' - or how to screw-up real easy :D

oc1

THANK YOU VERY MUCH CHRIS.  THAT IS PROBABLY WHAT HAPPENED; TRIED TO CAPITALIZE SOMETHING AND HIT CONTROL INSTEAD OF SHIFT.  TO MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN I'M GOING TO TYPE WITH THE CAPS LOCK ON.  :)
-STEVE

Midway Tommy

Quote from: oc1 on March 27, 2018, 07:49:05 PM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH CHRIS.  THAT IS PROBABLY WHAT HAPPENED; TRIED TO CAPITALIZE SOMETHING AND HIT CONTROL INSTEAD OF SHIFT.  TO MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN I'M GOING TO TYPE WITH THE CAPS LOCK ON.  :)
-STEVE

Oh no!  ??? Steve's going to yell everything from now on.  ;D

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

oldmanjoe

Quote from: Midway Tommy on March 27, 2018, 09:00:21 PM
Quote from: oc1 on March 27, 2018, 07:49:05 PM
-STEVE

Oh no!  ??? Steve's going to yell everything from now on.  ;D
That`s alright  most of us are hard of hearing any way......   Come to think of can`t see well either ...........
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare