Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Mr. Administrator!

Your request is completely OFF TOPIC!

BUTT since you asked,

in no particular order...

And YES, it did hurt. 

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

El Pescador

And my hand 2 weeks later.

Still red & swollen.

The take away is DO NOT PUT YOUR HAND IN THE GILLS & GILL RAKERS of any large fish.

Maybe we need to start a thread on "First Aid at Sea".

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

El Pescador

Quote from: Dominick on March 28, 2018, 03:39:56 PM
Ay mi amigo Wayne es muy macho.   ;D Dominick

Macho or Ignorant???

Either way, we all learn on this site!!!

After that trip, my first aid kit doubled in size!!!!   

Wayne

Decker

You're like me, Wayne.  My kids are always staring at my hands saying, "Daddy, what happened?"   "Oh, I don't know, can't remember," is what I tell them.  Scars are cheaper than tattoos, and look better too.  8)

El Pescador

Quote from: handi2 on March 28, 2018, 12:31:08 AM
I like the fish art the best ;D

Keith,

Since you asked for it, here you go.

Suitable for framing.

Wayne

steelfish

Quote from: El Pescador on March 28, 2018, 03:21:49 PM
And my hand 2 weeks later.

Still red & swollen.

The take away is DO NOT PUT YOUR HAND IN THE GILLS & GILL RAKERS of any large fish.

yay amigo Wayne, those gill rakers must have gotten you really good, they are like a bear tramp for first timers, dont ask me how do I know  ;D ;D ;D, everytime we catch a nice grouper we better use the gaff to hold the fish, once your hand or fingers slip into the gill rakers they stay there or feel the pain  :D ::)
The Baja Guy

gstours

Thanks Wayne,  the artist will never be famous unless a big fish drags him over board and drowns his soul.
     And if you're interested I have an unused 7 stack Brian's drag kit and a spare gear sleeve  for your build if your interested.  I'd be glad to make you a double dog on an end plate and fit a custom titanium spring as well.
  If you're interested?   Thanks 🙏.    Just saying.

Keta

Quote from: El Pescador on March 28, 2018, 03:21:49 PM

Especially a wahoo  :D

When I lived in SE I did it all of the time when subduing mid size butt, I liked to hog tie them,  and my hands showed it.  Bag Balm or Baily's works wonders on "fish poison".  Much later I learned that cheep vodka in a squirt bottle calmed down a butt real well, and stung when disinfecting the tooth and gill raker cuts and abrasions on my hands.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

El Pescador

Quote from: gstours on March 28, 2018, 04:49:13 PM
Thanks Wayne,  the artist will never be famous unless a big fish drags him over board and drowns his soul.
     And if you're interested I have an unused 7 stack Brian's drag kit and a spare gear sleeve  for your build if your interested.  I'd be glad to make you a double dog on an end plate and fit a custom titanium spring as well.
  If you're interested?   Thanks 🙏.    Just saying.

Gary,

I just PM'd you, and Yes, Love to have another Custom Gary the BUTT-Man piece of fishing gear!!!!

Wayne

Dominick

Quote from: El Pescador on March 28, 2018, 03:45:52 PM
Quote from: Dominick on March 28, 2018, 03:39:56 PM
Ay mi amigo Wayne es muy macho.   ;D Dominick

Macho or Ignorant???

Either way, we all learn on this site!!!

After that trip, my first aid kit doubled in size!!!!   

Wayne

Okay forget the Macho.   ;D Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Decker

Quote from: Keta on March 28, 2018, 05:15:10 PM
 Much later I learned that cheep vodka in a squirt bottle calmed down a butt real well...

Interesting, there is a lot that goes into subduing halibuts.  Maybe calming him down makes the flesh taste better.

Alto Mare

Great job on the handles Gary ;).

You too Wayne, nice job on that hand. When mine looks like that, I relieve myself on it and back to work I go ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

David Hall

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 28, 2018, 09:07:30 PM
Great job on the handles Gary ;).

You too Wayne, nice job on that hand. When mine looks like that, I relieve myself on it and back to work I go ;).

When I was a younger man, I did everything I could to insure I did not relieve myself on my hands.  As I've gotten older however I have discovered that sometimes it doesn't matter what I do, I relieve myself on my hands anyway.
  I'm gonna start telling folks I did it on purpose to relieve the cuts caused from fish poison!  An ole Italian buddy told me!

Dominick

Ahem guys.  I knew this was going to get out of hand.  Dominick