Re-inventing the wheel

Started by Maxed Out, April 08, 2018, 06:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

It's been a long road trying to design a new handle assembly that is comfortable, rugged, and good looking. After input from a few members I had been trying to resolve a few last issues. I was still bothered by the buttons on each end of the knob. They look cool, but can be uncomfortable on the fingers. I tried countersinking them in the foam , but too much hassle and didn't care for end result.

Alas, I think I finally found the end of the rainbow !!....no more buttons, just solid foam on every square inch of the knob. This also allows me to shape the end to make it even more user friendly. This is a process I developed myself and can't get into details.....it's like colonel Sanders, you cant have his secret recipe, but you can eat his chicken  ;D

Who says you can't re-invent the wheel ??    ;)  ;)

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

STRIPER LOU

Very nice Mr. M! I especially like the rounded version. ;)

Great work,  ..  Lou

vilters

X2 on the rounded version, your handles are looking great. hopefully available soon!

Alto Mare

Good job on the design Ted, they look very nice.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

mo65

Very interesting! I love the handle with the buttons, but this looks promising too. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

JRD

NICE!!!!!  Im liking the rounded as well.

broadway

I'm with the majority... those round ones are the cats PJ's!
Love the seamless and buttonless look.  These are a first in Penn aftermarket handles and possibly any fishing reel handle.
Well done Ted, I'm a big fan of 'em.
Dom

Hardy Boy

They look great and the rounded is killer. Looking forward to getting my hands on one.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Rothmar2

Rounded ends look killer! Would be keen to invest in a couple.

Tiddlerbasher

Donnyboat

Very nice Ted, well done, thanks for showing, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

handi2

Ted you know the comments i made on your logs. I sure like them now.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Maxed Out

Rounded ends is just one of many options. I must admit it feels like a silk pillow in my hand.

.....Also still have buttons......but they are made of foam  ;)   ;)

...and alternating colors remain as a viable option

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

bhale1

Ted,
Those look great!!! Obviously the wheels are always spinning inside your head, new ideas and methods just keep rolling out! Fantastic!
Brett