Five on the bench

Started by Reel 224, April 16, 2018, 04:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

The pictures are of five reels that were upgraded by me over a year or so, one to go a Squider in a week or two.

Joe

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Army_of_One

I always get jealous of how clean and organized everybody's benches are.  Please tell me you guys clean them up for pics!  ;D  That's a nice stable of workhorses you've got going.
Another day in Paradise!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

steelfish

wow, awesome collection of reels Joe, really like them all

The Baja Guy

Florida Cracker

Reel 224

Quote from: steelfish on April 16, 2018, 05:39:44 PM

Amigo: I forgot about taking a picture of the rod I finished the I said I would take for you until I saw this post. So here it is.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Reel 224

steelfish

Quote from: Reel 224 on April 16, 2018, 06:05:02 PM
Quote from: steelfish on April 16, 2018, 05:39:44 PM

Amigo: I forgot about taking a picture of the rod I finished the I said I would take for you until I saw this post. So here it is.

Joe

beautiful rod buddy, looks like something Bob Marley would use a rasta rod  ;D ;D
liking the colors and the butt section
The Baja Guy

Reel 224

I have a few more on the Rod lathe. Normal Guide setup for spinning outfit.

Joe

foakes

Beautiful work, Joe!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Swami805

Nice. Love those inlays in the handle. Really high quality work. Is that an alps reel seat?  Really sharp looking. Which reel is going on it?
Please scatter some stuff around your work surfaces so you don't make us all look bad
Nice group of reels. Looks like a lot of contributors from here. I bet it's hard to pick a favorite
Do what you can with that you have where you are

thorhammer

That's some sweet work Joe! Love the rod, very clean..

sharkman

Those are some nice looking custom reels.

Reel 224

Quote from: Swami805 on April 16, 2018, 07:20:00 PM
Nice. Love those inlays in the handle. Really high quality work. Is that an alps reel seat?  Really sharp looking. Which reel is going on it?
Please scatter some stuff around your work surfaces so you don't make us all look bad
Nice group of reels. Looks like a lot of contributors from here. I bet it's hard to pick a favorite

The cork I maid out of stacking assorted cork rings. The reel seat is an Alps. The reel that is going on that rod is the silver Newel that is on the bench last one on the right.

Joe

Reel 224

Quote from: foakes on April 16, 2018, 07:12:45 PM
Beautiful work, Joe!

Best,

Fred

Thank you Fred, coming from a master reel repair man, that is as good as it gets.

Joe