Tiburon T60XN Extra Narrow Frame/Spool Kit for the Penn 114H 6/0 Available Now

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, April 16, 2018, 04:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I picked up the first 25 of the the Tiburon T60XN extra narrow frame/spool/rod clamp kits at Tiburon today.

I still have 3 red, 3 silver 1 black and 1 electric blue kit available for immediate shipment, and I am taking orders for the second run of 25 kits, which I expect to be ready in early June, in any of Tiburon's standard colors. Please let me know if you would like to one.

These frame, spool and rod clamp kits will narrow the 114H frame width to 1 5/8", just like the T4N1, T3N and 349H kits, as compared to 2 3/4" for the standard 114H and 2 7/16" for the Tiburon T60N narrow kit, which produces a significant decrease in weight and increase in ease of use, while still providing sufficient line capacity to handle any foreseeable fishing opportunities here on the West Coast.  It will should hold 450 yards of 80 lb. braid
The spool sides have been relieved to further decrease weight and improve casting performance and responsiveness to a live bait's efforts to swim freely and get bit.

You can order these kits in any standard Tiburon color (black, red, purple, silver, electric blue, cobalt blue and dark green).  The frame and spool do not need to be the same color; you can mix and match.  All frames will have a black foot and rod clamp.

As most of you know, the Penn 114H Senator is a tank of a reel, bulletproof, reliable and easily serviced, with all parts readily available.  It can fish 80 lb. line right out of the box, and the sky is the limit with all of the high performance aftermarket parts available here on Alantani.com. The narrow Tiburon spool, machined from a solid billet of aluminum and lightened wherever possible without sacrificing strength.

The frames are Tiburon's new-style topless Senator frames (topless with the flanges to replace the inner trim rings).  The rod clamp brackets will offset outwards (as we did on the T4N1 kits) for maximum width.  The tops of the frame will be clean with no provision for harness lugs, making for much nicer place to put your left hand for those of us fishing the rail, and one less place for saltwater to cause problems. The kits are compatible with all Made in the USA 114H, HL and HLW High Speed Senator side plates.  I do not know if they will work with Chinese Senator side plates.  They will not work with Accurate Accuplates.

The kits are $195 PayPal, plus $4.94 for shipping by USPS first class parcel with tracking to anywhere in the USA, including Hawaii and Alaska, and to all US territories served by USPS, for a total delivered cost of $199.94. You can subtract 3% if you pay with a check or money order.   We ship worldwide at the actual cost of postage, but please do not ask us to undervalue the product on the customs forms.

If you would like to buy a kit, please let me know the color(s) ASAP and I will reserve it for you. The T60XN should be just the ticket for heavy yo-yo and dropper loop fishing and a host of other applications.  We would appreciate it if you would please place your order now so that we do not have to guess at the color mix.

Thank you,

Randy

NOTE REGARDING COLORS:  Since there are frequently variations in shade from one batch to the next, even when using the same anodizing company to produce the same color, we cannot guarantee color matches.  That being said, black and silver can generally be counted on to be close to a match.

Hardy Boy

Todd

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thank you to everyone who bought a T60XN kit.  I was hoping that I could ask for a favor.  I still have a lot of these kits to sell and I think that it might give the sales a shot in the arm if any of you would please post some photos of your kits or complete reels in a different forum. 

Any help moving the kits would be greatly appreciated.  I have them at home in silver, red and electric blue, and I still have 25 complete kits sitting at Tiburon unanodized, which can be done in any of Tiburon's standard colors. 

Thank you!

Raandy

swill88

Randy, I'll take another one for sure. Hmmm, which color?

Will try to get my kit built tonight and posted. Keeping busy helps deal with any crap so it's a good project.

It's going to look great!

These are very unique reels! Thanks.

Steve

Keta

Mine was put together about 1 hour after the mailman dropped it off but I still need a red handle and my wife thinks my camera is hers.  She said she will bring MY camera home Monday.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mikeysm

Sorry Randy I am starting from scratch on this reel. I have only a few parts.

Mike

Keta

I have a few spare 114H parts Mike, PM me with what you need.   

I decided my 114HNN needed the old maroon sideplates and a red Maxed Out handle.  This reel is heavier than a 349, no big surprise, but not bad and it handles well. 

Mark Twain

mikeysm

Its the same size as the 349h but with a bigger spool shaft and larger gears. the 349h does have larger washers though.

Mike

swill88

Here's a go... well, almost a go.

It's a maroon plate.  The black frame works for me but the red spool may not, so, I kept it in the bag. Any opinions?

As you can see, the stock screws are too long. Greased them good and put it together anyway just to see it.
The bottom stand screws on both sides were not driven home to avoid any collisions.  Upon closer inspection there isn't a problem with the stand screws.

This reel is really NOS. There is too much black oil covering the main gear to see what it's made of.

The throw on this Tib handle is longer than I expected. Maybe I'll match it with with a higher speed ratio or just get a Ted crank.?

I love this reel. Wish either this reel was a 2-speed or that I was younger.

Steve

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thank you for the photos Steve.  I am puzzled about the screws sticking out on your reel because I put one together at Tiburon and the only screw that was too long was the top hole, and I swapped one of the base screws on each side into the top hole and it was fine.

Lee, are any of the screws sticking out through the frame on your reel?

If anyone has the same problem that Steve has, please let me know and I will get you some shorter screws.

Thanks,

Randy

Ron Jones

I've said that's the sexiest thing I've ever seen on here before and now, this!
I am in love.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on April 22, 2018, 11:35:16 PM
Lee, are any of the screws sticking out through the frame on your reel?

I had extra screws so I used shorter ones, off handle side on the handle side, reel stand screws on the off handle side.  The longer handle side screws did not bottom out on either side on the bottom holes.

Mark Twain

Swami805

I'm looking at a newer 6/0 as a donor for my kit. It has graphite bars and a aluminum spool. Is this a good one internally for the conversion or should I be looking for an older one?  Any tips would be helpful. Thanks Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are